Newport County (A) FACR2 Sun 27th Nov

Good effort second half, we’ll played. 

Wildsmith mostly good again, however, once in this game and once against Portsmouth, I feel he should have come and collected or cleared a ball when Fozzie was running back with an attacker right on him. Wildsmith favourite for the ball imo but doesn’t come forward 

For those criticising PW playing Knight and Sibley at FB, what choice does he have? Injuries and LR not signing a RB are to blame.

Has Sibley got a twin, who he come on for at HT?

I thought that Thommo and Rooney were unlucky to be taken off at HT, good job I'm not the manager.

I thought that the ref was sympathetic to Derby, giving us a number of soft free kicks, nothing crucial though.

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Awful execution of the corner and a terrible setup. After Hourihane underhit the pass, Sibbo should have taken the booking if he could, given we seemed to have zero cover. Barks did well chasing back.

Surely McGoldrick can't run and needed to go off for Osula, not Collins?

Perceptive as ever...... who scored the second goal? McGoldrick may not be able to run fast late into the game but he's our most skilful player.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

For those criticising PW playing Knight and Sibley at FB, what choice does he have? Injuries and LR not signing a RB are to blame.

Has Sibley got a twin, who he come on for at HT?

I thought that Thommo and Rooney were unlucky to be taken off at HT, good job I'm not the manager.

I thought that the ref was sympathetic to Derby, giving us a number of soft free kicks, nothing crucial though.

I think everyone understands that we are having to make do, for various reasons.  What annoys me is all the other stuff that we *do* have control over.  That first half, as well as Sibley at wingback, we had Cashin in a back 3 where he clearly isn’t comfortable, 3 very similar midfielders playing together, with McGoldrick dropping off into there too, no pace anywhere in the team, and so on. Barely anyone was comfortable in that system, they were either out of position themselves, or they didn’t have to players around them that they needed (nobody crossing for Collins, nobody in space for midfielders to pass forwards to etc).  

The second half, we had Sibley out of position, and maybe Smith/Knight slightly out of position, but everyone else was comfortable in what they were being asked to do, and the difference was night and day.