Torquay (H) FACR1 (Replay) Tues 15th Nov 2022

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A lot of athleticism from the team tonight. Kept going throughout. No easing back for Friday. We were far too open at times, but it was an enjoyable romp. Liked the look of Rooney, Thompson played neatly, and Dobbin got the goal his game deserved. Good workout for others too. Sibley continues to disappoint.

I liked the look of Ness in their back four. We should keep an eye on him. He has all the attributes to be a very good defender in the coming years.

He's a Charlton player on loan, only 20 yrs old.

I fully agree with Warne's comments post-match,  take away the 5 goals, there was quite a bit of sloppy play all over the pitch apart from Wildsmith. There were many opportunities going forward when players  didn't make simple passes against a woeful defence and we also gave them a number of opportunities rather easily. This game cannot be compared with the 5-0 pasting of forest, although the results are the same.

Match stats

Derby 17 shots with 7 on target

Torquay 14 shots with 7 on target

No way should those stats have been so close, against such a poor team on the night. People slated the performance in the first game, but under difficult conditions for the first 55 mins until the sending off, we had a very professional display reducing Torquay to just 2 goal attempts, neither which were on target.

Enjoy the 5 goal victory by all means, but let's not pretend that it was a perfect performance.

No idea why McGoldrick would play 104 minutes with Portsmouth coming up. And why not give Loach an outing? There were some bright spots - Tommo stringing some passes together at last, Osula at times, some magical balls from Didzy, Dobbin’s goal, overall a decent defensive display. But given where Torquay are playing I think Warne has a point. Poor decision making repeatedly from Dobbin, Osula, a stubbornly unenigmatic display from Sibley, Bird still in the doldrums, even a sloppy pass from Windsmith. Anyway, job done I guess 

Edited by kevinhectoring

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No idea why McGoldrick would play 104 minutes with Portsmouth coming up. And why not give Loach an outing? There were some bright spots - Tommo stringing some passes together at last, Osula at times, some magical balls from Didzy, Dobbin’s goal, overall a decent defensive display. But given where Torquay are playing I think Warne has a point. Poor decision making repeatedly from Dobbin, Osula, a stubbornly unenigmatic display from Sibley, Bird still in the doldrums, even a sloppy pass from Windsmith. Anyway, job done I guess 

That was mad playing McGoldrick that long.

Edited by CBX1985

59 minutes ago, norwichram said:

I agree with tombo - Warne comes across a little bit .. I’m not sure of the word .. 

put it this way I’m trying to like him. Anyone with a ram on his chest I’ll support but I’m having to put effort into kind of liking him. 

that’s not to say I want him to be cliched and churn out the same old .. I’m just sharing my view and supporting someone who seems to have the same view. 

He comes across like someone from norwich ??

I thought it was a very entertaining game. Neither side looked secure at the back, but the key differences were the occasional quality of our finishing and the form of Wildsmith. I think 7-3 would have been a better reflection of the game overall. 

I won't overanylyse the flaws in the display. Suffice to say it was great to see Tommo play well and score a good goal, Dobbin bang one in, Rooney calm at the back and Didzy doing what Didzy does. 

Oh dear.  Sad b*******

Wishing you the best of luck against Derby.

Me and the kids have got our tickets in the Torquay end.

We live on the Nottingham side of the A52 so for obvious reasons, could not pass up this opportunity to see Derby knocked out of the FA Cup to National league opposition, hope you can go there, throw the formbook out of the windows and make a good go of it and I tip my hat to all of you making the journey midwee
k.

Awkward Bbc GIF by britbox

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Some "bright spots"

After winning 5-0.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong