January Window

1of4

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Gregory has made a living scoring tap ins. He would love some of the crosses we’ve put in this season.

He wouldn’t do the level of grunt work that Collins does but he would score more goals - if he stays fit.

It’s a big no for me

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We definitely need CB cover and a proper RB. Smith is better as midfield cover.

Do we need extra cover at CB? Forsyth and Cashin are outstanding. We have Davies, Stearman, Rooney and Chester as cover. Mostly geriatric cover, but it’ll do. A right back is a must though! 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We currently have 2 CBs in Stearman & Rooney who arent making the matchday squad as well as Chester coming back soon, id say 6 CBs is enough for the season. Roberts can also play there if needed.

8 minutes ago, enachops said:

Do we need extra cover at CB? Forsyth and Cashin are outstanding. We have Davies, Stearman, Rooney and Chester as cover. Mostly geriatric cover, but it’ll do. A right back is a must though! 

Davies is shot. He suddenly looks like a forty year old. Stearman barely gets in the squad. Chester is crocked and Roberts won’t hang around unless he’s playing.

If we lost Forsyth or Cashin I’d be worried.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Davies, Chester, Stearman and Roberts....and Bielik...could all cover central defense. To be honest, Davies is probably first pick if fit.

Smith as cover on the bench is wasted, IMO. Doing well at RB.

We have Bird, Hourihane and Knight in midfield, plus cover options.

We're hard to beat, hard to score against, but we aren't free scoring by any means. Priority has to be a striker.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Partially on the wind-up - I wasn’t actually given a name, just that we’re working on signing a striker. Lee Gregory fits the description given, so thought I’d see the reactions ?

If he signs, I’m still claiming ITK though! Even if it was mainly guesswork…

More chance of signing Gregory Peck

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think shinnie coming home as he was at bolton he was not there for no reason.

He plays next door at Wigan so it’s just like going out for a local meal - he probably got a free ticket off one of his old workmates but never the less it suggests he enjoyed his time with Derby 

40 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He plays next door at Wigan so it’s just like going out for a local meal - he probably got a free ticket off one of his old workmates but never the less it suggests he enjoyed his time with Derby 

I still think he is the player warn is talking about I guess we shall find once window opens.

35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I still think he is the player warn is talking about I guess we shall find once window opens.

If one of your good mates is in your local area, especially after coming through some trauma, you'll surely make an effort to see them?

As already said, Warne has said countless times we need players in their mid twenties, not kids or oldies. Shinnie will be 32 at the start of next season, and positionally isn't needed. We need senior full backs and more competitive for the attackers.

25 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

If one of your good mates is in your local area, especially after coming through some trauma, you'll surely make an effort to see them?

As already said, Warne has said countless times we need players in their mid twenties, not kids or oldies. Shinnie will be 32 at the start of next season, and positionally isn't needed. We need senior full backs and more competitive for the attackers.

Well shinnie will run through  brick walls for derby