Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think we look a level below Ipswich here. And the Port Vale defeat was mainly down to the red card.

Couldn’t care less about the Pizza Trophy.

It’s not been a great start. But not terrible either. 

Warne will need to change this team though. The defence is poor. The midfield lacks energy. Wingbacks are out of position. And strikers are loanees.

We’ve cobbled together a squad which just isn’t Warne-like at all.

It should still be good enough for a run at the playoffs. But our record in them wouldn’t give me much hope.

Sorry Bris not a chance; this team playing this style of football are going nowhere. Think we are in for a long dull season. 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

The saddest thing about tonight is that Ipswich weren’t very good. We lost every second ball, first touch poor, passing poor, creativity poor, so we did actually make them look a reasonable team. 

100%. Should have kept Osula on too. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I expect professional footballers to be able to make 5 yard passes. I expect professional footballers to be able to play the ball forwards with purpose (even if it is a long ball) rather than just aimlessly towards their penalty box. 

I expect that when we’ve won the second hall and we have the ball around their box that we are capable of at least some quality. 

Our passing was dreadful tonight, including the back pass that cost us the game.

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

McLaren had players who fitted the mould and a fairly decent team.

Our striker partnership tonight had how many senior games between them…

I think people forget we had about 6 players in the summer. We need another window or two before we even have a squad! 

By far the cleverest forward we have was scratching his arse on the bench for an hour  and he must be pushing 500 senior games..  That was the managers call. I also think we have a very decent team for this level and some can actually play football. He may as well not play Laing and Barkhuizen as he totally negates any attacking prowess they have as they're knackered running around for fook all. For some reason he seems to keep playing Bird as well.  Every manager seems to go on about him being a nice lad who wants to learn .  That being the case I can't see he's learnt anything in over two years.  He must be a part time hypnotist or something.

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Well, Friday night away at Ipswich and I’m sorry it’s a poor performance but Curtis Davies is so far past it. Guys stealing a living, he’s either injured or playing S***. Not sure the 5 back works. Need to spend some in Jan for any success 

We can't spend in January on the EFL business plan, our only option is sack the manager and get one in that will work with the players we have.

I don’t think they were any better than us to be honest and we were poor - again every 50/50 decision goes against us 

kids and old pros and that’s what you get - Cashin our MoM - we don’t have a forward at the club who can head the ball 

That was pretty poor in the end when you look at the 90 minutes as a whole. They deserved the win, regardless of the freak error that led to it

Not sure I can stomach Warne saying "don't get too down on the result". Yeah they're 2nd in the league, but Plymouth are top and our performance in that game was far better.

Aside from this completely aimless hoofball, we are looking so shaky defensively. We've shipped a fair few goals now under this new regime. And today was poor in front of goal. I can't say with any certainty that things were any worse in the worst moments of Rosenior

Absolutely mad club. One failure after another for a decade and a half

3 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Davis its like having blakey in defence now

And then you realise you have James Chester next to him or even stearman and anyone with pace will do them for fun. I remember Chester playing  for stoke last season and he got done time and time again. All we need now is a couple of Zimmer frames 

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Sibley in particular is a player everyone seems to think is brilliant based on a couple of good games 3 years ago. They whinge when he doesn't start and when he does he does absolutely nothing. For me him and Bird are completely average players who are made out to be more then they are simpy because they are from the Academy. 

Couldnt agree more

theres some ability in both.

dont think either suit warnes football tbh 

sibley, i dont know what his best position is

for what u would deem “a creative player” his touch is unreliable and at times every bit as woeful as one of our defenders

really not sure about him Truth be told

everyone got boners over him last week but if u watch back he was equally as dreadful first half. Second improved and obviously thst little run and shot at the end that got people a semi .. but he was a mix bag last week

mark my words once warne has a window sibley will be back to being restricted appearance wise 

wasnt alone though

that was pretty bloody dire football and far far too many aimless and pointless passes with little care or purpose

some really shocking performances with the ball tonight 

Edited by NottsRam77

As I feared under this manager. We cannot play against any team who plays semi decent football. Ipswich haven’t had to get out 2nd gear to win tonight. We have created nothing apart from the last 5mins. Didn’t once test the goalkeeper. All of sudden, we can’t string 2 passes together. What once was our strength is now our clear weakness. Good old negative tactics to bring on another midfielder for a striker at 0 0 too. 2nd half was embarrassing. Conceded yet another penalty. Great save by Wildsmith. What a find he is.

Horrible football to watch. I haven’t seen us control a game since the change of manager. Even when we’ve won, it’s been a game of ping pong. The opposition always seem to create decent chances against us because we’ve resorted to hopeless passes into the space and running like headless chickens. It’s a too extreme change of style and they aren’t adapting yet. 

Call me a miserable sod, I thought we was building a semi decent side earlier in the season. Now we look pretty rough without a clue what to do on the football. We’ve won a couple of away games recently, I can’t understand why I’m not so enthusiastic by them performances. Something isn’t sitting right with me at the minute. 

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I think they have been alright, not great and not helped by the system. But they've been absurdly hyped over the years ('good enough for the Prem' etc). Let's be honest: they are struggling to make an impact in League One. 

They are just plain average. If we'd sign them rather than developed them the consensus would firmly be that they have not lived up to the hype.

Neither of them get any sort of grip on the game as you would expect them to given how much people rave about them. Vast passges of games go by without you noticing them.

Just now, Topram said:

Was poor we created nothing but Jesus these aren’t his players he’s had a few weeks, give him time ffs! Over reaction is nuts

If they're not his players, why is he here now? We signed an entirely whole new squad just 3 months ago.

Why didn't we recruit a manager for the players we have, rather than bring in a manager who can't work with the 16 new faces who arrived merely a handful of weeks ago?