Warne isn't the Messiah and Stearman is a very Naughty Boy

sage

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Because it's about fans expectations 

Most fans are content with their football club still being in existence. It’s a season to build a team and a pattern of play. Warne is a fantastic appointment and will add some faces to the squad in January. It will be a very interesting season, watching the team develop. 

This was always going to be like this. These aren't Warnes players and he's working with what he's got.

He'll be learning about them all the time. Full week on the training ground now to work on what we'll do without Collins.

Midfield will always be a problem. Bird and Hourihane are too similar and I don't know if they can play together. I'd be interested to see how Smith does when he gets a run.

I've said from the start we may get top 6 but our squad depth is non existent. Yesterday we were missing Smith and Davies. That's it. Yet you're looking at the bench for a player to come on and change it and there isn't anything.

On another day Mendez Laing scores that, Dobbins got to score and you go in 3 up. 

Warne will want to get to January in and around the top 6 and then hopefully bring 4/5 of his own in.

In my opinion we need 2 full backs, another midfielder, another winger and another striker. Warne likes to play 2 up top and we can't rely on Mcgoldrick.

Our only wingers are NML and Barkhuizen. An injury to one of them and we're even shorter.

One final thing. Does anyone know if Collins 3 matches include the Papa John's game? Or is it 3 league games?

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Agree with the rest of you post but don't agree with that point. Just read the forum.

But those who did favour Rosenoir keeping his job are probably finding it hard to accept Warne coming in to replace him still and days like yesterday just further entrench their opinions. 

I get the love for Rosenior, I also get the angst against Warne, We were Good, Average and woeful in some of LRs games, The football was slow and laborious, Never scored or won away from home that's why the axe fell...imo

PW has been here a couple of weeks, He's been dealt a group of players that have been here 3 months, Played and trained in a way the then Manager LR wanted to play, These are LRs players, PW has come in and changed our play...it worked at Cambridge, It came undone against PV, Barks and Mendez-Laing aren't wingbacks, Mendez-Laing looked out of sorts in patches yesterday, Where we need him is halfway inside the oppositions half...not halfway in our half, Mistakes cost us and also that man in the middle.

For me Xmas time will be a time to judge PW, Then soon after he'll have a transfer window to give him some thought we might even get Bielik back ?, No complaints from me other than this division and football and the officials, Tremendous support from us again yesterday ?

50 minutes ago, bcnram said:

It is very possible to judge on the horrible non-football that Warne is imposing on the team. I want to see the ball being passed on the ground not this abysmal stuff that is being dished up. 

Warne out. He’s been here long enough now to recruit the players he wants and coach the existing players to perform as he want them to.

(Caution. Sarcasm alert).

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Most fans are content with their football club still being in existence. It’s a season to build a team and a pattern of play. Warne is a fantastic appointment and will add some faces to the squad in January. It will be a very interesting season, watching the team develop. 

Agreed but weren’t we doing that under Rosenior? It would be interesting to know what the powers that be have told Warne about expectations for this season. My view is that now we have made the change we need to give him this season and next to get things right. I hope Warne does well and for the first time in a while we have some stability at the club.

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We did sort of play the game PV wanted us to though.

Warne probably knows it already:  Rotherham fans were elated every time he got them out of this division. Most derby fans simply expect it 

I am sure Ipswich, Sunderland and the likes of Portsmouth thought they were too good for League 1 but are/were stuck there for quite a while. We have no divine right to go up.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We did sort of play the game PV wanted us to though.

Warne probably knows it already:  Rotherham fans were elated every time he got them out of this division. Most derby fans simply expect it 

And rightly so after only spending 4 out of 130 odd seasons in this division.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

It is very possible to judge on the horrible non-football that Warne is imposing on the team. I want to see the ball being passed on the ground not this abysmal stuff that is being dished up. 

For Derby's goal Mendez-Laing passed the ball on the ground to Barkhuizen who then strode up the wing and passed the ball on the ground across the penalty area to Collins for him to score.

Note the use of the key words in that paragraph. 

Was that not good enough for you?

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

For Derby's goal Mendez-Laing passed the ball on the ground to Barkhuizen who then strode up the wing and passed the ball on the ground across the penalty area to Collins for him to score.

Note the use of the key words in that paragraph. 

Was that not good enough for you?

Strode up ??

19 hours ago, nottingram said:

Zero attempt to control the game at 1-0, first thought never to bring it down and play.

When you reduce the game to first contacts and second balls against teams like Port Vale (no disrespect intended) you make their lives 10x easier because they do it day in day out.

Absolutely this. At 1-0 up, we should’ve adopted a more posession-based game, work the ball, work the opposition. Instead we continued to go route 1 and surrendered possession so cheaply. Ref was clearly a Port Vale fan but we played into their hands & lacked intelligence  & leadership on the pitch. Massive learning points there for the team. 

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely this. At 1-0 up, we should’ve adopted a more posession-based game, work the ball, work the opposition. Instead we continued to go route 1 and surrendered possession so cheaply. Ref was clearly a Port Vale fan but we played into their hands & lacked intelligence  & leadership on the pitch. Massive learning points there for the team. 

Bigger issue for me was not recognising where danger was coming from. We struggled to win a single header properly, and they gained territory and pressure as a result. We didn’t adapt whatsoever to that. Playing with such attacking players as wing backs is ok, but you’re asking slow defenders to defend out to the touch line and two of the defenders are short. So when you have no control and you’re not recognising how they’re causing problems, it’s an issue. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

Bigger issue for me was not recognising where danger was coming from. We struggled to win a single header properly, and they gained territory and pressure as a result. We didn’t adapt whatsoever to that. Playing with such attacking players as wing backs is ok, but you’re asking slow defenders to defend out to the touch line and two of the defenders are short. So when you have no control and you’re not recognising how they’re causing problems, it’s an issue. 

What do you think to Roberts being used more central for his pace. .

Thought that was a good call by PW