Potential fixture clash with England last 16 world cup game

littleover ram

Which game?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Currently we're scheduled to play Sheff Wed at home on 03 Dec at 15:00.

If England finished second in Group B (probably likely), they would also be playing the last 16 game on 03 Dec at 15:00 UK time. Would probably be Netherlands we'd be playing (Group A likely winner).

Are the EFL likely to move the fixture, if Steve Gibson gives them permission? It's going to be a bit of farce otherwise. One of our biggest home games of the season and the stadium would be half empty 

It's the only fixture clash i can see.

Surely our games will all be cancelled during the World Cup due to the late call ups for Max Bird and Eirin Cashin (he's only played under 23s up til now).

I suspect most people on here are Derby fans to the point of being obsessional / categorisable as an illness. I am.

That said, I'm an England fan and I suspect many in the crowd are too so would have a tough call in the event of a clash.

It would make complete sense to shift the kick off time forward or back a few hours if only to maximise ticket/pie/pint revenues for the club.

But also, playing a match in front of a reduced crowd - which it would be - would benefit Wednesday.

The sensible thing would be to raise it via fan groups with the club.

My crystal ball shows me that our game will be brought forward to Friday night - live on Sky where it will only clash with South Korea v Portugal and Ghana v Uruguay, or Saturday lunchtime midday kick off where it won't clash with anything.

It's guaranteed that Sky will choose this game especially looking at the other League One fixtures - remember there are no Prem or Championship fixtures

Plus, aren't there rumours that our missed game away at Morecambe will be rescheduled for Tues 6th December in which case playing Sunday 4th won't happen

15 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

My crystal ball shows me that our game will be brought forward to Friday night - live on Sky where it will only clash with South Korea v Portugal and Ghana v Uruguay, or Saturday lunchtime midday kick off where it won't clash with anything.

It's guaranteed that Sky will choose this game especially looking at the other League One fixtures - remember there are no Prem or Championship fixtures

Plus, aren't there rumours that our missed game away at Morecambe will be rescheduled for Tues 6th December in which case playing Sunday 4th won't happen

1) I'm confident that no league game anywhere in England would clash with an England game.

2) Pretty sure Dec 6th was when Cheltenham Town has been rearranged for. Some eagle eye on here spotted it on the Wall of the managers office in a video showing Paul Warne at work on his first day.

3) Sky will be all over this. 30k on a Friday night. That's a guaranteed Sky Game.

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I suspect most people on here are Derby fans to the point of being obsessional / categorisable as an illness. I am.

That said, I'm an England fan and I suspect many in the crowd are too so would have a tough call in the event of a clash.

It would make complete sense to shift the kick off time forward or back a few hours if only to maximise ticket/pie/pint revenues for the club.

But also, playing a match in front of a reduced crowd - which it would be - would benefit Wednesday.

The sensible thing would be to raise it via fan groups with the club.

I don't generally enjoy watching England games that much. Who wants to watch Grealish falling over at the slightest touch or Sterling complaining to the referee all the time? (unless they were playing for Derby of course). I don't really find them entertaining but I do of course always want them to win. If that makes me an England "fan" then it's only because I am English and am fairly patriotic. It wouldn't upset me too much if I put the TV on only to realise I'd missed an England game.

35 minutes ago, rammieib said:

1) I'm confident that no league game anywhere in England would clash with an England game.

2) Pretty sure Dec 6th was when Cheltenham Town has been rearranged for. Some eagle eye on here spotted it on the Wall of the managers office in a video showing Paul Warne at work on his first day.

3) Sky will be all over this. 30k on a Friday night. That's a guaranteed Sky Game.

Yes that was me with the Cheltenham game although it’s not been officially moved to that date. The  Morecambe game has been rearranged for the 1st of November.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Surely our games will all be cancelled during the World Cup due to the late call ups for Max Bird and Eirin Cashin (he's only played under 23s up til now).

No 

Just play the bloody games we got enough fixtures to resort out now.

Efl did say world games in league can carry on as normal.