Jake Brierley Port Vale (H) 08-10-22 Family Request

RebelScum

Hi guys

My nephew, Jake passed away on August 12th aged 23. Despite being dealt a bad hand he enjoyed life to the full possessing a sharp, dry wit and a fondness for dressing well - the other thing we had in common ? was our love for Derby County!

Many of you will recognise Jake, a life-long season ticket holder in the West Stand attending matches with his Dad.

His family are orchestrating a minutes applause at the 23rd minute during the Port Vale home match on Saturday October 8th.

Extended family will be in attendance and there will be a brief write up about Jake in the match day programme. 

These tributes are becoming more common, but I think that because they are often not official and fan-led they are even more poignant - and it would be a great gesture for one of our own.

Assistance in spreading the word from members of this forum would be so very much appreciated.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8a.jpg

A nice post that… for want of a better phrase! ☺️

Some wonderful photos. And best of all, a truly inspirational  line to end on. I’d like to think that’s a direct quote from Jake himself, but regardless, an outlook on life we would all be wise to try to emulate. 
It will indeed be an honour to join the mass tribute to Jake. On the surface, a total stranger to me… but deep down, a fellow Ram… so he deserves nothing less. 
I’m in. ???

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

A nice post that… for want of a better phrase! ☺️

Some wonderful photos. And best of all, a truly inspirational  line to end on. I’d like to think that’s a direct quote from Jake himself, but regardless, an outlook on life we would all be wise to try to emulate. 
It will indeed be an honour to join the mass tribute to Jake. On the surface, a total stranger to me… but deep down, a fellow Ram… so he deserves nothing less. 
I’m in. ???

Thanks Mucker... That is true!

I think Muhammad Ali said it at a news conference but Jake took it for his own motto.

Thank you x

I think every Ram will want to participate Rebel. It's always sad to lose one of our own but really so hard when like Jake they are taken way too soon RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the kind words and support.

Others have been posting on social media and there has been an article in DerbyshireLive ending with a plea to start the clapping at the 23rd minute tomorrow...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/dad-plans-moving-farewell-son-7671542

If you could mention it to your friends or people who may not have heard about it while enjoying pre-match drinks etc. that would be fantastic!

Once again, sincere thanks... And COYR!