Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I hope Paul Warne has a plan for Barry Bannan on Sunday. How he would love to have a Eustace type player to stick on him.We don’t want to be talking post match about how Bannan ran the show. I’m sure they have something waiting for McGoldrick.

Are you talking about the same player they have had for many years and the only successful thing he has managed to do is hep get them relegated to the third division?

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Are you talking about the same player they have had for many years and the only successful thing he has managed to do is hep get them relegated to the third division?

David McGoldrick scored 8 goals in 63 games for Florists in the Championship , but in the 3rd tier he is banging them in.Similar  with Bannan , at this level he has been taking the P.

36 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

David McGoldrick scored 8 goals in 63 games for Florists in the Championship , but in the 3rd tier he is banging them in.Similar  with Bannan , at this level he has been taking the P.

Would you say the same about Hourihane?

Hourihane
Goals - 7
Assists - 10

Bannan
Goals - 7
Assists - 13

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Would you say the same about Hourihane?

Hourihane
Goals - 7
Assists - 10

Bannan
Goals - 7
Assists - 13

Hourihane is also very good at this level. Wendies won’t want to give free kicks away around the box. But I wouldn’t let him take one in a penalty shoot out . His last two have been poor. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hourihane is also very good at this level. Wendies won’t want to give free kicks away around the box. But I wouldn’t let him take one in a penalty shoot out . His last two have been poor. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

Has Conor scored from a free kick🤔 Think McGoldrick is more of a threat 😁

By his own admission today renders this season a failure.

But I think the last 5-6 games have shown an improvement in his approach, and we can be proud of our efforts even if we did 'fail' with no blame attached to him for today (although I'm not sure if I'd have gone unchanged).

Concerning that he's already played down some expectation for next season, because surely the message should always be that we will take the good things and improve on them, but I'm willing to accept that as honesty in interviews rather than his true aim and expectations.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Bloke has been mediocre and nothing special. That might change when he can buy his own players but 1 word to sum up this season is ‘meh’

Yeah, at least last season was exciting eh? 🙄

On 04/05/2023 at 15:50, jimtastic56 said:

Has Conor scored from a free kick🤔 Think McGoldrick is more of a threat 😁

Warne’s record against top half sides.

P15 W2 D6 L7

Warne came in at a time when we played crap teams.

Rosenior’s nine games in charge saw us face 7 top half sides in Plymouth, Posh, Barnsley, Wycombe, Charlton, Shrewsbury and Lincoln.

Warne’s record against bottom half sides is P22 W15 D5 L2

We played a disproportionate amount of bottom half teams under Warne.

He has proven to be a flat track bully who has struggled the moment we have faced anyone decent.

2 wins in 15 is pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

P15 W2 D6 L7

Rosenior’s nine games in charge saw us face 7 top half sides in Plymouth, Posh, Barnsley, Wycombe, Charlton, Shrewsbury and Lincoln.

He has proven to be a flat track bully who has struggled the moment we have faced anyone decent.

You forgot to mention that Didzy failed to score again.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

P15 W2 D6 L7

So what you’re saying is Paul Warne’s record as Derby manager so far is P37 W17 D11 L9? We play every team in the league throughout the season, you have to win more than you lose to be successful regardless of the opposition. We’ve done well against some and not well against others, that’s the truth of it. Assuming he stays in the job we’ll see next season if Warne can improve on those performances/results or not. 

As an aside, have you got shares in the phrase “flat track bully”? It’s weird how much you repeat that statement about varying aspects of the club and staff. There are surely other phrases out there that can help you illustrate the same point over and over again but at least make it more interesting for us readers? 

Warne has failed this season. 

37 matches and we went from 7th to 7th. Richer men than me will decide his fate but he can’t come out of this season with his head held high. The 2 months of relegation form was unacceptable and ultimately cost us. 

People might say he couldn’t bring in any players but most season previews I listened to had us finishing top 6 with our squad. 

He’ll have my support at the ground next season if he’s in charge which I expect him to be but I wouldn’t be sad if he left.