Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, falconram said:

DC is a very good business man, he's taken stock with his fellow board members, steadied the ship, seen how we have progressed, good and bad, noted how poor this division is, we have the quality to get out but need the right man to get us out.

LR isn't the man, he's looked around seen a manager who knows the division, not long on his contract and made a move at the right time, season still young and lots to play for, if it's Warne a very good appointment. 

Feel for LR but he will learn, hope he stays as he could still be very important to us. 

Could say the same about Mel.

Just now, bcnram said:

Hasn’t Warne had four or five seasons to build a side capable of staying in the Championship more than one season? Why has he failed at that? I hoped for better decisions from our Chairman. 

Doesn't he keep getting his players sold - someone mentioned he'd had a couple sold this season. His strikers from previous seasons are they still there?

I would imagine that their budget is quite small and that was his first management job.

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

There's a lot of talk about Rotherham's budget being small, used as a defence against them being relegated every time they go up. First time (I think) he got them up they came down with the worst record ever at Championship level (23 points). Even our decimated squad last season got to 34 and that's with a 21 point deduction!

And let's not forget, if we go up this year, we're still going to be under EFL spending restrictions for another season.  So it's not like we're going to be splashing cash around either.

9 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I have a feeling Rosenior knew that a review was coming up, from what he was saying at the weekend. It was noticeable that he was emphasising his role in building the team: James Chester told him that he knew he would play for him one day; Conor Hourihane only came here after he called him 15 times; he had known Curtis since he was 18 and they had a great relationship.

Also, his post-match solo applause to all corners of the ground was telling - thanking fans in case the decision went …how it’s gone. 

21 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Not really. I think there was always a plan and the various parts of the plan have happened:

1. Appoint LR as interim manager.

2. Set a review date.

3. Hold a Board meeting on the review date.

4. At the review, list the +ve progress and weigh up the -ve

5. Come to a Board decision. ie Appoint LR permanently or decide on alternative. 

Yep I'll go with that, If the Morecambe game hadn't have been postponed we would have played 10 league games plus the cup games, 10 is a good figure to get to see what when and how things are shaping up.

A decision looks to have been made ?

Well the noisy minority have their way it seems. Can't say I'm looking forward to us playing like Rovrum, promotion or no promotion, but the doombots assure us that this is the way forward and Liam had to go. Let's see how it plays out. A side note perhaps, but it would have been classier had we allowed Liam to announce he was stepping down. Think we owed him that much, at least. Likewise, have to say that coming off one of our better performances and currently sitting just outside the play-off slots, this does seem an odd decision and an even stranger choice of replacement. Appeasement, knee-jerk, or calculated brilliance? We shall see.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yep I'll go with that, If the Morecambe game hadn't have been postponed we would have played 10 league games plus the cup games, 10 is a good figure to get to see what when and how things are shaping up.

A decision looks to have been made ?

Portsmouth away, November 19th for Warne then. What do we reckon? Top 6 or you're sacked? Top 2?

/s (but not really that much)

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well the noisy minority have their way it seems. Can't say I'm looking forward to us playing like Rovrum, promotion or no promotion, but the doombots assure us that this is the way forward and Liam had to go. Let's see how it plays out. A side note perhaps, but it would have been classier had we allowed Liam to announce he was stepping down. Think we owed him that much, at least. Likewise, have to say that coming off one of our better performances and currently sitting just outside the play-off slots, this does seem an odd decision and an even stranger choice of replacement. Appeasement, knee-jerk, or calculated brilliance? We shall see.

An even classier thing to do would’ve been to hire an adviser (Redknapp, Mac etc) if he needed help and shown some loyalty back. Warnock gets laughed at being mentioned for manager but in a more senior advising role he’d of been perfect. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Could say the same about Mel.

There are big differences, DC did not give him a big contract, he's not paid a penny for a player yet either.  I think to compare an honourable man to MM is poor and very unfair.  He made a temporary appointment, gave LR a short run and decided he's not the right man, it's hardly the same as offering long contracts to the likes of Pearson, Cocu et al is it?

Give the man a chance to put his own stamp on the club....  After all he shelled out £53M for a club worth £35m tops to save the club.  I think getting on his back this early is terrible and you should give yourself a long hard, Paddington like stare in the mirror.  ?

Edited by RAM1966

2 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

So are you saying Warne isn't currently under contract at Rotherham and free to take another job as he wishes?

If there's agreement between Derby and Rotherham then what's the problem - isn't that how the vast majority of transfers happen?

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

There are big differences, DC did not give him a big contract, he's not paid a penny for a player yet either.  I think to a liken an honourable man with MM is poot TBH.  He made a temporary appointment, gave LR a short run and decided he's not his man, its hardly the same as offering long contracts to the likes of Pearson, Cocu et al is it?

Give the man a chance to put his own stamp on the club....

I was referring to the shrewd businessman comment, so often the same was said about Mel. I am chuffed to bits with the new owner but I don’t agree with the decision for change in management at this time. Some stability was needed, not more change.

Agree with this, disagree with this, matters little now. Liam has gone, Warne is coming in. It is what it is. Only thing we can control is whether we back our new man or not, and I will be. 

We’ve had Managers come in before who I’ve expected to do nothing and performed minor miracles. We’ve had other Managers come in who you would have thought were great appointments and ended up with their P45s sooner rather than later. There’s no telling how Warne will do, this will be a totally new situation for him.

We’ve also had players come into the club who’ve been reviled beforehand and we’ve supported them none the less. Once they’re through those doors and they’re our man, I couldn’t care less about any previous.