Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Should have come back to play for us after the World Cup. Very disappointed he didn't. I'd have thought that would have made a big difference to our finishing position, even if we'd never have caught the top 2 considering what they ended up with. But I'd happily see him turning out next season, as we will need consistent quality to make the automatics.

I am sure it would have helped if he had returned but contracts are signed so that’s it really - still our player unless someone buys him 

14 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I understand why he doesn't want to plays in L1. I think our position should be that he plays in L1 for us next season or someone puts some cash on the table, 2-3m would do (we have to be realistic)

Quite frankly, he needs a run of good form in League One if he's ever going to rebuild the potential he showed when there before.

I don't know whether he's up for it, though. Seems to have an higher opinion of himself than others do.

21 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I understand why he doesn't want to plays in L1. I think our position should be that he plays in L1 for us next season or someone puts some cash on the table, 2-3m would do (we have to be realistic)

Honestly think that's massively optimistic. Lucky to get £1m with his injury record.

Still the strangest signing we have made in a longtime - extremely expensive transfer fee with associated high wages at a time following a Wembley failure when every man and his dog knew we had serious financial difficulties - it’s not that we particularly needed someone at that cost in that position - sure I could have understood spending all that money on 6 good players or a extremely good centre forward. Yet the Derby county bad luck continued with him being fairly quickly seriously injured as we exploded financially.

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

Honestly thought he would make a mid table prem player. Brilliant player but injuries have ruined any chance of us getting a decent fee for him.

I think brilliant is over-egging it a bit.

He’s a tidy player with some class who looked good in our team, surrounded as he was, by mediocrity.

If he could stay fit for a season he’d be a major asset to a championship club. But he strikes me as someone who is always going to have an injury a game, whether that’s a nose bleed, a turned ankle or something more serious.

Like many others, we have to let him go and move on. The squad we rate so highly from our hearts may not be one which finds success.

Players come and players go. Warne’s Derby next season will be a very different one.

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Still the strangest signing we have made in a longtime - extremely expensive transfer fee with associated high wages at a time following a Wembley failure when every man and his dog knew we had serious financial difficulties - it’s not that we particularly needed someone at that cost in that position - sure I could have understood spending all that money on 6 good players or a extremely good centre forward. Yet the Derby county bad luck continued with him being fairly quickly seriously injured as we exploded financially.

I seem to remember our original interest was a loan for which we'd pay a fee. The logic in the purchase was splitting the purchase over the length of the contract and using our unique amortisation policy meant a low FFP cost in year 1. We also had an asset we could sell or get us promoted. 

Unfortunately his injuries knackered this.

13 minutes ago, Gladram said:

I seem to remember our original interest was a loan for which we'd pay a fee. The logic in the purchase was splitting the purchase over the length of the contract and using our unique amortisation policy meant a low FFP cost in year 1. We also had an asset we could sell or get us promoted. 

Unfortunately his injuries knackered this.

The sooner we can get rid and get him of our wage bill the better. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Arsenal ripped us off. They knew full  well  was made of glass

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

it’s not that we particularly needed someone at that cost in that position 

At the time we were all desperate for a CDM actually. We'd been struggling in our chosen 4-3-3 formation since Thorne left and saw Bielik as the natural replacement.

Little did we know the only place he'd match Thorne's contribution was on the treatment table.

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

At the time we were all desperate for a CDM actually. We'd been struggling in our chosen 4-3-3 formation since Thorne left and saw Bielik as the natural replacement.

Little did we know the only place he'd match Thorne's contribution was on the treatment table.

Yeah this.

He was the type of player we needed in midfield and was certainly on the up ability-wise.

Sadly, we overpaid and didn’t know what was coming injury wise.

Despite him having a bit of a history with more moderate injuries, there didn’t seem to be anything that suggested he’d be prone to what he’s had since he joined us.

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yeah this.

He was the type of player we needed in midfield and was certainly on the up ability-wise.

Sadly, we overpaid and didn’t know what was coming injury wise.

Despite him having a bit of a history with more moderate injuries, there didn’t seem to be anything that suggested he’d be prone to what he’s had since he joined us.

Eustace did a pretty good job and he didn't cost anywhere near as much! Another Mel purchase, probably been out on the town and met the Gooners owners.

On 11/05/2023 at 09:19, angieram said:

Quite frankly, he needs a run of good form in League One if he's ever going to rebuild the potential he showed when there before.

I don't know whether he's up for it, though. Seems to have an higher opinion of himself than others do.

Think you're a bit wide of the mark here.

He's played over 30 games in a Championship team who's manager raves about him and would love to sign him.

Bielik is ambitious and wants to play in the Premier League, but I don't think there's anything arrogant about the way he has gone about it. His national manager said he would only play for Poland if playing at Championship level.

I'd be surprised if there were many thought he needs to drop down to League One to prove himself.