Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

42 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There were a load of chances when Sibley wasn't on the pitch

I know we created a lot with Sibley not on the pitch, but I don't think it's a coincidence we've only scored league goals this season with him on the field, despite him only starting one in 5.

His movement and willingness to attack creates space for others. 

He's also one of our own. I'd like to see him get a decent run.

Edited by EulogyForEvolution

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Same old tedious trend after a match that if you dare ask anything remotely divisive then you immediately are branded hysterical or negative.

Bore off. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Fair play to him, seems to be fireproof from the off, can't even mention anything he remotely could have done differently after a game without being attacked by the happy clapping brigade.

Not above snidey little labels yourself though, are you pal? 

Bore off.

One worry for me is that Shrewsbury, Charlton and Fleetwood are far from the cream of the division and we’ve got 2 points from 9.

It’s a bit deflating.

If some of the weaker sides are finding joy and have been able to frustrate us, what happens when we go to teams of a similar quality who will be looking to contend for promotion and the play-offs?

Could those 0-0s end up being 1-0 or 2-0 to the opposition?

5 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Other teams find lower league gems. Are we even looking in that pond, or do we still think elder statesmen from the higher divisions are the answer?

Dobbin might fit the bill, but I hate just developing other clubs' players for them. It was great having Mount, but at the end of the day, it did nothing for us.

I'll be very interested come the end of the season to see who's in the top 10 League One goal scorers, their age, how long they've been at that club, and where they were signed from. I bet no Derby forward is in the top 10, but I hope I'm wrong.

We can’t pay money, so the only lower league gems we can pick are out of contract ones.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not as predictable as your inane whining when things are not clicking and disappearing acts when we win. Hypocrisy at it's finest. 

I could pick lots of holes in that but don't want to extend the interaction anymore than I need to. 

Will leave it at that. 

15 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Now ridiculous posts like this annoy me. No one are unhappy that we are not playing that Barcelona, people are just asking legitimate questions about some of the fairly obvious issues. Exaggerated posts like this which bring absolutely nothing to the debate are pretty pathetic and achieve nothing. So F off back at you.

Ipswich we’re bound to win after Shrewsbury used all they had on Tuesday to get a draw against us. They hadn’t anything left for today. You watch Fleetwood will get smashed next match too.

27 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Where to begin? Such a thick take. It’s August. 

Still rattling teams when we aren’t involved. 

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

One worry for me is that Shrewsbury, Charlton and Fleetwood are far from the cream of the division and we’ve got 2 points from 9.

It’s a bit deflating.

If some of the weaker sides are finding joy and have been able to frustrate us, what happens when we go to teams of a similar quality who will be looking to contend for promotion and the play-offs?

Could those 0-0s end up being 1-0 or 2-0 to the opposition?

We will play better against the better sides and get the results. That seems to be the way it goes.

15 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Now ridiculous posts like this annoy me. No one are unhappy that we are not playing that Barcelona, people are just asking legitimate questions about some of the fairly obvious issues. Exaggerated posts like this which bring absolutely nothing to the debate are pretty pathetic and achieve nothing. So F off back at you.

Really though, what do you expect? It's 5 games into the season. We've got no money to spend. Did you expect us to waltz the league? Teams will be desperate to beat us, to claim a scalp. We have players hastily assembled into a squad out of necessity. And - once more for those at the back - WE ALMOST WENT OUT OF EXISTENCE.

I'm not asking for the earth, but perhaps give it half a season, maybe. Is that acceptable?

16 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Other teams find lower league gems. Are we even looking in that pond, or do we still think elder statesmen from the higher divisions are the answer?

Dobbin might fit the bill, but I hate just developing other clubs' players for them. It was great having Mount, but at the end of the day, it did nothing for us.

I'll be very interested come the end of the season to see who's in the top 10 League One goal scorers, their age, how long they've been at that club, and where they were signed from. I bet no Derby forward is in the top 10, but I hope I'm wrong.

We're simply filling the squad out at this juncture to make sure we have enough players in each position that's the hierarchy at the moment.

What's the obsession with a 20 goal a season striker, Rotherham finished second last season and didn't have such a player on their books.