Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

1 minute ago, Andrew1 said:

Did you get that mixed up?   I could understand what you are saying if you swap divisive and negative…. It’s ok to be negative, but I am not sure what is to be gained by being divisive though.

Don't think so.

Divisive topics I categorise as any comments that may cast the slightest aspersion on LR managerial ability or query his team selection, tactics etc. 

Fair play to him, seems to be fireproof from the off, can't even mention anything he remotely could have done differently after a game without being attacked by the happy clapping brigade.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Interesting.  Ipswich have league 1 experience.  I think that as much as anything else we have to adapt to this league, the poor officiating etc…. When the players wise up we will start to win games like this.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Just goes to show what a nothing club Shewsbury are, more interested in doing social media swiping that concentrating on football. Doesn't surprise me though, Salop is pretty close to "salope", with is the french term for "bit-ch". Suits em well me thinks. Even though they are correct about the passing part, that tweet was totally unnecessary.

Edited by DanS1992

Well played Derby. Excellent start to the season all considered. Really enjoying watching the way Liam has them playing and although its frustrating currently I'm absolutely sure we are going to have a very enjoyable season. UTR

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

13 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Exactly. Some people on here think that those being critical are overreacting. They are not calling for the managers head, nor or they being melodramatic. They are asking legitimate questions based on the very obvious observation that we do no score enough for all the neat and tidy possession that we are currently enjoying. That seems more than fair to me.

They're not going to get an answer here though, are they?? 

30 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

And just how many times last season did we have 26 shots, 8 on target? Give your head a wobble. We are creating loads of chances, and it was last ditch tackles, last minute blocks, clearances of the line and saves by the keeper. 

Eventually a goal will go in, we will win an away game and teams will start to worry about us.

We created so many chances against Fleetwood. FLEETWOOD! Name me a team last season that were as poor as them?

We've been so poor away from home for so long that I doubt anyone will fear us for some time.

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

We've cobbled together a team of frees having had around 5 registered players until 2 weeks before the start of the seaon and some people are unhappy that we're not Barcelona.

Honestly, I don't often get this annoyed but really, f*** off.

Barcelona are very badly in debt - we’re not - anymore 

17 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Are you forgetting last season with Liam as coach..same system.. and we lost 9 away games on the bounce and we hardly scored a goal.Deja Vu?

No, not deja vu as we’re not losing 9 away games on the bounce. We’ve drawn 2 without conceding.

It’s frustrating we haven’t scored and won those games but I don’t feel it’s time to panic yet because of those frustrations. There is plenty of the season to go, if there’s still a problem scoring goals in a couple of months then yes it makes sense to start questioning if the coaching team is doing the right thing(s).
The ideal scenario for this season for me would be the team gelling instantly and us storming the league, worst case once the club was saved would have been back to back relegations, my realistic expectations were a season of “steadying the ship”…which is kind of where we are currently and things could get far worse or they could get much better. I’m happy to wait and see ? 

There aren't half some bedwetters on this forum, talk about being melodramatic. 

Two months ago we had basically no players, now we're absolutely dominating teams, having 20+ shots every match against teams that come out specifically looking to defend first and attack second. 

Have a bit of patience - Rome wasn't built in a day. All that's needed are tweaks to the system. It's not like we're creating zero chances and struggling to get hold of the ball.

We're already vastly improved on last year where we struggled a lot, especially away from home. If we keep this dominance up over the course of the season I'm sure we'll be at the right end of the table.

6 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Just goes to show what a nothing club Shewsbury are, more interested in doing social media swiping that concentrating on football. Doesn't surprise me though, Salop is pretty close to "salope", with is the french term for "bit-ch". Suits em well me thinks. Even though they are correct about the passing part, that tweet was totally unnecessary.

That’s justa fan opinion page. 

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think I bit of context is required.

Ipswich were able to build on and strengthen a team that competed in league 1 last season. Derby only emerged from administration shortly before the season started and had to build a team almost from scratch, in a short period of time and under EFL restrictions. We shouldn't really be comparing ourselves with Ipswich just yet.

When I look at the updated league table and see that we Derby County... the biggest team in this league... are the joint lowest scorers in the division.. along with Shrewsbury and Morecambe.. then yes I'm feeling very frustrated and a little worried.Not particularly just this season but the last 3 years with Liam as coach with basically the same system.We have struggled massively to score away from home.I believe last season we lost 8 or 9 games on the trot before the Blackpool match with us barely scoring...lots of those games we lost 1-0. Sadly so far in 3 away games the same pattern is developing..not a single goal scored. It shows this system away from home is simply not working and it needs to change fast or our hopes of top six will be dashed.

28 minutes ago, Jortat said:

Now trying to find a striker who can bang in 20+ goals on a freebie and with our wage restrictions.

There lies the problem.

We are creating chances and we will start to score soon .

Stay strong positive and patient people and the wins will come .?

Other teams find lower league gems. Are we even looking in that pond, or do we still think elder statesmen from the higher divisions are the answer?

Dobbin might fit the bill, but I hate just developing other clubs' players for them. It was great having Mount, but at the end of the day, it did nothing for us.

I'll be very interested come the end of the season to see who's in the top 10 League One goal scorers, their age, how long they've been at that club, and where they were signed from. I bet no Derby forward is in the top 10, but I hope I'm wrong.