Liam Delap

Bubbles

They're the figures we should've been getting for our youngsters, the amount of money we've lost through MM **** poor management with the likes of Delap, Gordon, Plange and Ebiowei we could've been a prime Southampton when they were making multi millions through sales.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not like we could spend the money on transfer fees anyway for the foreseeable future.

Don't see the mileage in crying over spilt milk especially as none of us can do anything to reverse things now. 

I agree entirely with the second paragraph, the first one I don't see how not being able to spend the money now has anything to do with the overall outcome. It's money that goes into City's bank and not ours. That money will probably pay player's wages for a week there. It would probably pay a whole year's here. Money which DC will probably have to fund.

Edited by richinspain
Added

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I agree entirely with the second paragraph, the first one I don't see how not being able to spend the money now has anything to do with the overall outcome. It's money that goes into City's bank and not ours. That money will probably pay player's wages for a week there. It would probably pay a whole year's here. Money which DC will probably have to fund.

I agree but that's the rub of the green for DC, absolutely. There's still nothing he can do about it other than like you said have to pay more out himself on players wages. 

Just don't see how agonising over this can alter anything, it's done now, most important learning going forward is to try and not let us get the club into the same situation again. 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I agree but that's the rub of the green for DC, absolutely. There's still nothing he can do about it other than like you said have to pay more out himself on players wages. 

Just don't see how agonising over this can alter anything, it's done now, most important learning going forward is to try and not let us get the club into the same situation again. 

I agreed with your second paragraph. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it. There is no point in crying over it now. We were where we were. Agonising over it now just makes the situation worse. It was simply the first paragraph that I disagreed with.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Agree with the sentiment, but I'm not sure anyone is agonising too much! And FWIW, given the club could really use some extra income right now (@£2 million), I think it merits discussion. 

On a general note, the £500k buyout was from Liverpool for Kaide Gordon, not Delap, least as far as I recall. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not like we could spend the money on transfer fees anyway for the foreseeable future.

Don't see the mileage in crying over spilt milk especially as none of us can do anything to reverse things now. 

This.

Any money we've "missed out on" we've already saved by not paying the creditors what we owed them.

Fresh start, no point wasting energy thinking about what could have been.

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise, until I read the news about Michael O'Neill being sacked this morning, that Junior Delap had joined Stoke on loan. And so finally, 3 years after thinking he was too good to play in the Championship with Derby, he ends up in a relegation battle in the Championship.

#Karma

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I didn't realise, until I read the news about Michael O'Neill being sacked this morning, that Junior Delap had joined Stoke on loan. And so finally, 3 years after thinking he was too good to play in the Championship with Derby, he ends up in a relegation battle in the Championship.

#Karma

If you're a kid playing football and you believe in yourself, and the best team in the world come in for you, of course you'd want to go there. It's the dream. I don't think it has to be about being too good to play in the Championship with Derby.

But, likewise, I hadn't realized he was on loan at Stoke. Big shame he's not on loan with us. Scoring the goals to earn us promotion would have been a lovely thank you for bringing him up through the Rams Academy.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

#Karma

Daddy is still a coach at Stoke, so a bit of a non brainer for him I guess.

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Daddy is still a coach at Stoke, so a bit of a non brainer for him I guess.

Yeah, I understand that attraction, though working with my own Dad wouldn't have been my idea of making my own mark. 

For me it's all about the values that are imbued in someone and how they do things. I got the impression Delap isn't grounded and is in danger of wasting his talent chasing money and glory before he's even established himself in anyone's first team. I might be completely wrong and he's going to blow the Championship away, but there's more than a touch of the Connor Wickhams about him. 

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'm not sure he's bothered or and/or has that much class about him tbh, if the way he acted when playing for Man City's U23s against us is anything to go by.

Oh I'd forgotten about that, which suggests you and @Crewtonare right about him. He was an embarrassment to himself, his dad and Man City. I'd hope he's learnt from it but it was very, very poor at the time.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Played the full 90 minutes in Stoke's 0-4 home defeat to Udinese 'B'. 

He must look at Haaland and wonder where it all went wrong. 

To be fare, I doubt it was Delaps choice, He'll be told where he's going on loan, A progressive manager in Neil ? now will see his future in a Chrystal ball, A talent soon to go down hill faster than Kwasi Kwarteng changing his mind