Liam Delap

Bubbles

10 minutes ago, David said:

We only get extra fees now if he plays x number of games, don't think you can put sell on fees on those players

I don't care for facts.

But at least that'll make his future £100m transfer sting more.

1 minute ago, Ilsonram12 said:

How much did we get ?

We got the fixed amount the stupid youth system in this country determined we get; as we could do nothing to stop a player from moving from one Cat One academy to another.

About a million + fees based on appearances. 

So ducking annoying. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We got the fixed amount the stupid youth system in this country determined we get; as we could do nothing to stop a player from moving from one Cat One academy to another.

About a million + fees based on appearances. 

So ducking annoying. 

Football really doesn't usually get me worked up at all but

angry hate GIF

Admittedly we signed Bogle at 16 ourselves

But it’s ducking annoying how City, Chelsea, Liverpool etcetera can just go out and pluck the best 16 year olds when most of the coaching is done.

Sancho, Delap, Harvey Elliott, Ibe, Izzy Brown, Sterling, just piss off 

A legitimate chance (not definite of course) to be the best product our academy's ever produced and we never even got to see him put on the ducking shirt.

It's not like he moved at 14 either. He was about to turn pro. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

But it’s ducking annoying how City, Chelsea, Liverpool etcetera can just go out and pluck the best 16 year olds when most of the coaching is done.

To be fair Liverpool were pissed off by City on that one.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Would we have got a sell on percentage? 

I've seen people say so - but I think @David was right yesterday in saying that whatever we got would have been the fixed compensation, which likely doesn't include anything like that.

42 minutes ago, cannable said:

But we did give Swindon a sell on percentage, as has recently been stated. I wonder if that was optional or if Bogle was older? 

The trouble when a Man City or a Liverpool sign someone, they are already at one of the top clubs possible, so much less likely to be sold on - if, as this young man seems to be, they are good enough.

His dad was happy enough for him to stay here for 10 years and learn his craft. If he'd given us another season we might have got a hefty transfer fee for him.