Liam Delap

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

To be fare, I doubt it was Delaps choice, He'll be told where he's going on loan, A progressive manager in Neil ? now will see his future in a Chrystal ball, A talent soon to go down hill faster than Kwasi Kwarteng changing his mind  

If we've still got a sell-on clause, I hope he gets his career back on track, but I doubt he imagined he'd be playing for a struggling team in the Championship 3 years after leaving the defeated playoff finalists. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who? No, really, who?

He was rated a future superstar..England age captain..played for Palace who had looked after him since he was a kid...greedy stepfather forced a move to Spurs..that was basically the end of a very promising career..

On 03/10/2022 at 17:37, Yani P said:

He was rated a future superstar..England age captain..played for Palace who had looked after him since he was a kid...greedy stepfather forced a move to Spurs..that was basically the end of a very promising career..

He even had to suffer the ignominy of going to notts forest on loan.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, David said:

Not related, but Rory gets binned off then a few days later talk of Liam being recalled hmmm

Like a few I was a bit miffed he left so cheaply, he had so much potential at a young age, move on the last 2 years and I’m starting to think that £1m we got, wasn’t such a bad figure after all.

Can see what you’re thinking with that hmmm @David but above everything, this kid is not really fulfilling his early potential and wherever he goes next, he needs regular game time as the early hype around him has somewhat evaporated. Maybe not a bad thing, since I don’t think I’m alone believing last time we saw him, he had a touch of arrogance for someone who once graced our academy.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Like a few I was a bit miffed he left so cheaply, he had so much potential at a young age, move on the last 2 years and I’m starting to think that £1m we got, wasn’t such a bad figure after all.

Can see what you’re thinking with that hmmm @David but above everything, this kid is not really fulfilling his early potential and wherever he goes next, he needs regular game time as the early hype around him has somewhat evaporated. Maybe not a bad thing, since I don’t think I’m alone believing last time we saw him, he had a touch of arrogance for someone who once graced our academy.

Going to Stoke is like an endless pot of money but only if you don’t live up to expectations 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, David said:

"I'm absolutely delighted that Liam Delap is coming here, we've fought off a lot of competition from other Championship clubs and clubs around Europe," said Hull head coach Liam Rosenior.

Good judge of a coach that Pep.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Hull fans have been raving about Delap recently. Sounds like his build up play is brilliant but the next step is being more clinical. Glad he’s finding his feet.

He decided he preferred Man Citys youth team and reserves for 3 years rather than play championship first team at Derby.  I lost interest at that point.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He decided he preferred Man Citys youth team and reserves for 3 years rather than play championship first team at Derby.  I lost interest at that point.

Yes, who in their right mind would move somewhere with world-class facilities and coaching, significantly increasing your earning potential in the process?

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yes, who in their right mind would move somewhere with world-class facilities and coaching, significantly increasing your earning potential in the process?

4 years to get all the way to get to a Championship play-off battle is probably not what he had in mind though I'm sure. Most footballers want to be lauded for their achievements too, though obviously some do simply want to earn as much as possible, that's true.