Liam Rosenior

14 hours ago, YouRams said:

In all comps played 8, won 5, drawn 2 lost just 1, LR deserves alot of credit! 

12 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Deserves the job permanently.

On the basis of what I've seen, I think we need to make his position permanent pretty soon.

Whilst the results have been good, I'm actually more impressed with how quickly he has got this squad operating as a cohesive team unit. All too easy to dismiss how difficult it is to manage that with such a massive influx of new players but we are already playing fluent, attractive stuff. Its clear the players have bought into him as a leader.

Even when we drop from those standards (like yesterday at times), the character is still there to drag a result out the fire. Similar at Mansfield too, a tricky away game against a highly motivated opposition in which we dug in for the win.

Off the field, Rosenior has clearly been instrumental in our recruitment & will have a good contacts book - we've been able to attract players we couldn't have imagined in June would have looked at us twice. He is passionate about developing young players & giving them a chance in the team. And the man himself is an articulate, positive & highly regarded young coach - other clubs will be keeping tabs, as Blackpool did when inviting him to interview in May.

I'm not sure what else we need to see. I'd be looking at offering a two year contract as a minimum.

Rosenior is not perfect but boy I think he's started wonderfully well. This is a group that came together incredibly late in pre-season and to lose only 1 game is a testament to his skills. He speaks well, has created a stable defensive foundation whilst still creating chances and plays an expansive game. This is not Rooney ball but a more finessed expansive vision of how we should be playing. Yes, we're struggling for goals, but we are creating plenty of chances. If we weren't creating chances then I'd be critical about that. I still think Collins doesn't make much tactical sense in this team at times and we need a midfield runner but patience will be key. I'd sign him up for a 2 year contract with a 1 year extension if we achieve promotion. Once this group comes together and work together a bit more there is a danger we could run away with this league tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sage said:

I always thought that he was at fault for all those away defeats under Rooney. 

Then I thought he was the best thing since Sliced Bread this season until we lost one game at home and now I think he's out of his depth. 

Just thought I'd sum up the thread. 

So it's not just me then ?

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't see the need to rush and think it's too early. He's done some good things and some bad things. I'd like to see more of the good things and have us much higher up the table (as a consequence) before making things permanent. Hopefully he'll get us there.

OK So what will you say if someone offers him a job next week and he goes? Who else would we get? You have to back your judgement in football and life generally otherwise you end up looking back thinking about what might have been   

39 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't see the need to rush and think it's too early. He's done some good things and some bad things. I'd like to see more of the good things and have us much higher up the table (as a consequence) before making things permanent. Hopefully he'll get us there.

The job was always his. The plan was to sort out the transfer business first, then get the contract sorted next.

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I presume that any new deal would be subject to current EFL restrictions, therefore his existing contract may have a higher salary than a new “permanent” contract.

34 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

OK So what will you say if someone offers him a job next week and he goes? Who else would we get? You have to back your judgement in football and life generally otherwise you end up looking back thinking about what might have been   

If he goes then I don't mind because, as I've said, I don't think he's yet demonstrated he will be a good manager. He talks the talk impressively, but does he walk the walk? I was grateful to Rooney for his leadership last year but I was also pleased he left because he wasn't a good enough manager on the field. For me there are still too many echoes of Rooney ball, for instance the utterly ridiculous goal kick routines. If Rosenior were to go we would have our pick of a lot of decent managers. I hope Rosenior stays, adapts, and does better as the season goes on, but I'm not yet convinced and I don't want DC to find himself in a position of having to fork out too much in compensation if we find ourselves unable to climb out of midtable. Our goal should be to be challenging. I would wait until much nearer Christmas to see if we are.

27 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If he goes then I don't mind because, as I've said, I don't think he's yet demonstrated he will be a good manager. He talks the talk impressively, but does he walk the walk? I was grateful to Rooney for his leadership last year but I was also pleased he left because he wasn't a good enough manager on the field. For me there are still too many echoes of Rooney ball, for instance the utterly ridiculous goal kick routines. If Rosenior were to go we would have our pick of a lot of decent managers. I hope Rosenior stays, adapts, and does better as the season goes on, but I'm not yet convinced and I don't want DC to find himself in a position of having to fork out too much in compensation if we find ourselves unable to climb out of midtable. Our goal should be to be challenging. I would wait until much nearer Christmas to see if we are.

I wouldn't. I'd go for Rosenior now. He's proved he is one of us. He shared the journey for survival with all of us. He's more than proved he cares as much as all of us care about our future. He was the most intelligent pundit about the Championship on Sky when he joined Cocu's coaching team. In my opinion, his recruitment has been good. He turned down Blackpool because he saw this opportunity as what he wanted. The Plymouth performance was disappointing and he has acknowledged this. At the moment he is a Ram through and through and he'll more than do for me. I think the squad is behind him and he won't let us down. Brian Clough saw DCFC as his opportunity for fame many years ago and look what followed. If Liam can achieve just 50% of what Cloughie did then let him loose.

COYR

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

The club are pressing on with contract talks with LR behind the scenes apparently, with a quick solution needed as he’s got admirers looking at him.

Hope so ?

I like LR, he talks a good game, is enthusiastic and has stuck with us through thin and thinner.  If you hire a young, inexperienced manager you have to give him time to grow and make mistakes. 

I was always happy for this season to be a stabilizing season ready for a future promotion push, the initial rush of signings raised my hopes a bit, but I'm back to thinking top six would be a very good season. 

Assuming his job is made permanent, I hope the fans give LR the time to grow into the role, I personally think the potential for him to do well is there.

Definitely in the camp that think he’s done an ok job to date. With how the last season and a bit has gone id like nothing more than for LR to lead us back to the championship. But I’m not yet convinced he will be the man.  

Let’s not make any excuses we should be top 6 this season. The football so far has been pretty but the familiar lack of killer instinct is rearing it’s head. Plus our second halves have been a tough watch. 

Ideally I’d keep him as interim but can appreciate that DC might have to act now or lose him. Another thing in his favour is that there isn’t an abundance of good managers out of work at the moment.