Best signings so far

sage

44 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Thompson for me. Quick modern player with attitude and engine but he also seems to be gradually improving and still might add some tricks to his game. Would not surprise me if he became a reliable starter in various roles this season. Always seems to put in a shift when called upon.  

Yes, Thommo and Cashin signing was very important for me, given what Buchanan has done it sent an important message to the rest of the academy players. 

I've always been impressed by Chester and obviously Hourihane doesn't belong to League 1. IMO they are the best players we have signed, but as those positions already had same serious ability, the best signing goes to Wildsmith at the moment. 

We simply need him more than any other signing. That makes him best one without being best player.

On 13/07/2022 at 19:43, IslandExile said:

The first choice goalkeeper - just don't know his name yet, not until he signs.

I'm assuming Wildsmith will be backup, no?

After watching Allsop against Salford in his first match I was worried. He turned out to be great. 

Accept that most keepers under 27 will be a bit inconsistent, will need to work hard on the ball being at their feet but get behind him. 

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not saying he is the best signing but young Roberts was very very good at left back yesterday. Made the position his own. Shame he's only on loan. 

Might be an option to buy at the end of the loan.  Don't forget we are restricted by a business plan.  I suspect welcomed by David Clowes as he does not need the pressure off some of our fans, who would be demanding to see a cheque booked flashed.  

Looks like a fantastic squad with zero spend do far.....  A few more to add and I can see us completing for a top 6 finish....  ???

Edited by RAM1966

9 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

The lad from Man City…. Proves we are still seen as a powerhouse in the world of elite soccer…..

yeah yeah ok, it’s hot outside.

I got the impression from his interview that he was viewing us as a stepping stone to greater things (yes I’m an old cynic). Quite happy to sell him to Chelsea for £50 million in two years time.?

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Hourihane, he’s a player that will be in the middle of everything we try to do and he’s a culture setting player that we needed in this rebuild.

Interesting comment, how do you mean ? This in terms of his attitude?