Best signings so far

sage

Best new signing is Hourihane because I never expected him to actually sign. There was Championship interest and he's still more than good enough to be playing above League One.

Best re-signing I'd go with Cashin. There's a big argument for Davies, but to have a promising young player decide to stay is really important when so many have decided to walk, or even worm their way out of their contracts. Cashin is the kind of player who could really thrive this season, and his importance to us in 9 months time could be a hell of a lot more than it is now.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Best new signing is Hourihane because I never expected him to actually sign. There was Championship interest and he's still more than good enough to be playing above League One.

Best re-signing I'd go with Cashin. There's a big argument for Davies, but to have a promising young player decide to stay is really important when so many have decided to walk, or even worm their way out of their contracts. Cashin is the kind of player who could really thrive this season, and his importance to us in 9 months time could be a hell of a lot more than it is now.

agreed, Hourihane is an immense signing for this league. Cashin will be an absolute beast in a few years.

I need a programme and the squad numbers. Loads of new heroes on board now. Need to get to know them. We really do have a squad now, yep there are gaps on the defensive flanks particularly, but get Fozzy and if Byrne doesn’t do a runner we have a serious team. 

For me Hourihan is the one. Has real pedigree and could easily have found a championship berth but he came to us. 

The one that sparks my interest is Collins. Getting on a bit, strike rate has dropped but he’s done it at this level convincingly and we have needed a natural striker / scorer for too long. Ageing Flop or autumn of career revelation ? Watch this space 

57 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The first choice goalkeeper - just don't know his name yet, not until he signs.

I'm assuming Wildsmith will be backup, no?

Readi g between some lines it seems Wildsmith fell out of favour and was in and out of squads but go back a bit and he was highly rated. I’d like to see him at No1 .. with Cash and Curtis and new signings he’s got some quality protecting him. 

All pure guesswork of course but I’m going to roll with it, no hasty judgments for at least a handful of games

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Readi g between some lines it seems Wildsmith fell out of favour and was in and out of squads but go back a bit and he was highly rated. I’d like to see him at No1 .. with Cash and Curtis and new signings he’s got some quality protecting him. 

All pure guesswork of course but I’m going to roll with it, no hasty judgments for at least a handful of games

Well said @jono. Wildsmith is young in goalkeeping terms, for the majority of his time at Sheff Weds Kieren Westwood was there as first choice keeper. Wildsmith got a chance when Westwood was injured then Pulis came in as manager and named Westwood first choice again. Managers changed again a few times it seems with Wildsmith, Westwood and Dawson all competing at different points to be no1.

Maybe a new environment, new coaching staff, a solid defence and a bit of trust/confidence are what he needs ??‍♂️ I’m willing to give the lad at least three games to throw in a clanger before I turn on him. 

Either way the squad now has two senior keepers to work with before July 30th, if a third is added it only strengthens the situation further. ?