Away Memberships

Day

4 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I know lots from around Perth Street, I'd drink in the Rhino and Penguin back in the day, I was from the other end of Chadd, Where the more refined lad lived...Trenton Green area ?, What was your school Henry Cav or Olive Eden?

I lived on Grantham Avenue, Breadsall Estate, from 1955 to 1974, when I moved out and married my first wife, The Rocket was one of the first pubs I drank in, but mainly in town as a 'youngster'.

I passed my 11-plus exam and went to Derby Grammar School. 

12 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

I got the No.74 from Tenant Street, to Perth Street, Breadsall Estate. My mother used to work at the little cafe across the road before moving to the 'Savoy' chip shop on the Morledge.

No 77 to top of Chadd Park Rd. Sometimes caught the 74 but had to get off at the cemetery stop and walk the rest…

21 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

I got the No.74 from Tenant Street, to Perth Street, Breadsall Estate. My mother used to work at the little cafe across the road before moving to the 'Savoy' chip shop on the Morledge.

I was about to put you right, and state something along the lines of "Perth St has always been No 24, not 74", but as I'm younger (b. Jan 1963), I thought I'd better do a quick Google, to avoid making myself look silly!

You win...

0_DT-TENANT2-APR10.jpg

Tenant Street, Derby, in 1967 showing a Corporation Fleetline bus on route 70 to the Priory Estate, followed by a bus just setting out on route 74 to Perth Street. Further up the street, a Trent bus can be seen at the route 14 stand to Roosevelt Avenue, Trenton Green

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/nostalgia/fascinating-photos-chart-changing-face-2739820

?

Lots of rumours doing the rounds on Twitter about away tickets being sold through supporters clubs. Really hope this isn’t true.

Im happy with the away membership but if this route isn’t being pursued it should be done by season ticket holder priorities and then ST holders who have done X amount of games and so on.

I hope with all the goodwill around everywhere at the moment, this one isn’t buggered up.

Plus I really enjoy the fact the website functionality to choose where you sit was brought in. I hope, for the grounds which have seating, this continues. I enjoy being able to select seats on the isle and away from the potential trouble spots!

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Lots of rumours doing the rounds on Twitter about away tickets being sold through supporters clubs. Really hope this isn’t true.

Im happy with the away membership but if this route isn’t being pursued it should be done by season ticket holder priorities and then ST holders who have done X amount of games and so on.

I hope with all the goodwill around everywhere at the moment, this one isn’t buggered up.

Plus I really enjoy the fact the website functionality to choose where you sit was brought in. I hope, for the grounds which have seating, this continues. I enjoy being able to select seats on the isle and away from the potential trouble spots!

I always thought supporters groups such as Alfreton Chesterfield, Matlock etc got some tickets, if they didn’t sell their allocation then they gave them back. I might be wrong. 

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

I hope it’s just rumours as I really can’t see how that would work. How would the supporters group allocate tickets fairly if they were over subscribed? Would you just have to be a member to be within a shout? In which case, assuming there are subs to pay, would it be any different to paying for away membership? Would ticket allocation be prioritised based on how many meetings you attend? What about fans that don’t live in area served by a local branch? We’d have to join the National group for whom, presumably, there aren’t any meetings.

If they are allocated to supporters clubs then I’ll set up a Tamworth branch and carefully vet/limit any applications ?. Don’t worry @atherstoneram, you’d be in.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

It would only be a 40-50 tickets for each club and only a handful run buses. 

There would still be plenty for everyone else, whichever system they pick. 

Edited by sage

24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hmm, tweeted then deleted...

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 10.02.24.png

Looks like there were 5 slots of sales for away membership holders for each away game:

First 48 hours - members who attended 20+ away games last season

Second 48 hours - members who attended 15+ away games last season

Third 48 hours - members who attended 10+ away games last season

Fourth 48 hours - members who attended 5+ away games last season

Fifth 48 hours - members

I didn't do away games last year re Covid but was happier to do a lot this year ans was going to get an away membership, not sure it's worth it now. 

Not sure many will take one out who didn't away last year

I guess they had to come up with something but it looks like Bolton, Sheff Wed, Barnsley for me this season