Away Memberships

Day

16 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Dosnt wash everybody should have the same chance. I dont go away now, cant afford now retired, so its not me saying i want the ticket, but can you explain why fans that go to all away games think they are better fans, wish i could go to all away games. If i could go to 1 away game why shouldnt i have that chance.

I suppose it depends where and when you want to go. Some away matches don’t sell out where as some do. Away membership has been used as a way of making some extra money. I didn’t agree to away memberships for years and went to around 10 away games a season and what really riled me was when the Forest away tickets came out someone who had spent £40 on an away membership got priority over me who had spend c.£300 + travel expenses etc on away games. I am not saying because I had been to all those games I should be entitled to a ticket it is just an example of it not being fair to fans. In the end I crumbled and bought one.

13 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

So you are all saying if you cant afford to go to all away matches hard luck, i think its very discrimatory. Years ago it was first come first served.

There was a promotion at Asda this Morning, 1st 100 customers get a £100 voucher to spend in their store, I queued from 12-30am this Morning, Lots of people there, Store opens up and people walk in, My turn I hold my hand out and no voucher, WTF I said to the man dishing them out, I've been here since 12-30am, Sorry Sir he said...1st come 1st served.

I've been a customer at Asda since they opened here...that aint fare ?

Away tickets - open to everyone on a first come first served basis.  If that means queing up around PP ticket office or waiting online at 8.59am...then so be it.  Previous away games attended is not really the best metric to apply a priority, neither is paying for a membership to allow you to have priority - you could say both are a form of discrimination.  There maybe an argument for season ticket holders to get first refusal - but again would affect the ability to go from a large number of fans living outside of Derbyshire.  E.g. if you were a rams fan living across the road from Exeter's ground for example.  As a previous poster stated - many clubs will have small away ends and if we sold upwards of 1500+ memberships - you could still miss out and pay £40 for the privilege.  Looks like a no win scenario and I expect to see many rams fans in the home end throughout the season - something I know Sunderland fans did regularly.

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There was a promotion at Asda this Morning, 1st 100 customers get a £100 voucher to spend in their store, I queued from 12-30am this Morning, Lots of people there, Store opens up and people walk in, My turn I hold my hand out and no voucher, WTF I said to the man dishing them out, I've been here since 12-30am, Sorry Sir he said...1st come 1st served.

I've been a customer at Asda since they opened here...that aint fare ?

Should have got there at 11 30?

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

So you’re saying someone that’s a season ticket holder but had not been to a single away game all season had the same right to a ticket for Blackpool for the last away game as someone that had been to every other away game, right.

Yes exactly that. First come first served

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

If there is no loyalty scheme then the only way to do it, if demand exceeds allocation, is by ballot. 

register interest for said game, how many tickets you want, draw ballot. 

Seems sensible but the "how many ticket you want" could be problematic and/or complex. What if me and my 4 mates (if only I had any ?) all registered and asked for 5 tickets in the hope one of us might get lucky. We've effectively increased our chances five fold. Maybe you could have to provide the membership number for everyone's ticket you want to apply for but that might be complicated for the club to make sure multiple applications were not being submitted.On the other hand, if you could only ask for one it would be a problem if you want to take your kids. 

The simple answer is, there is no ideal answer that would satisfy everyone. 

9 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

If there is no loyalty scheme then the only way to do it, if demand exceeds allocation, is by ballot. 

That is feasible, could work this season when away tickets are in short supply.

Back in the baseball ground / early pride park days you had to apply by post for your away tickets.

required was a short note stating how may tickets you wanted and who they were for 

a stamped, self addressed envelope to get your tickets back in

a cheque, sometimes blank as you didn't know if you would be getting 1 or 2 tickets for games like Forest

the good old days

6 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Right, I advocate that season ticket holders are not allowed to keep their own seat, if you want a particular seat I suggest you camp outside and when the turnstiles open make a mad dash for said seat. But I suggest you don’t have anything to drink before the match cos if you get up to go to the toilet I feel that I am entitled to sit there, loyalty, tosh.

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Right, I advocate that season ticket holders are not allowed to keep their own seat, if you want a particular seat I suggest you camp outside and when the turnstiles open make a mad dash for said seat. But I suggest you don’t have anything to drink before the match cos if you get up to go to the toilet I feel that I am entitled to sit there, loyalty, tosh.

Now you are being silly, but i have queued all night  at Baseball ground for cup tickets in 69. Fun when you are young but prob not so nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Now you are being silly, but i have queued all night  at Baseball ground for cup tickets in 69. Fun when you are young but prob not so nowadays.

Everton and Chelsea tickets, Bloody freezing cold and I was there from around 11pm for the ticket office to open 9/10am

An Irishman gave me a coffee to keep me warm I was 13 years old and shivering and he told me this poem.

You do remind me of a man I know

What man

A man of power

What power

Voodoo Power

Voodoo

You do

You do what

You do remind me of a man I know

It never made sense then...and it doesn't make bloody sense now ?‍♀️

There's no easy answer to this one.

I have a certain sympathy for people who desperately want to go to their "home" match, and might not be able to.

But I think @sage's list demonstrates that there will be a good number of away games when all fans will get a chance to attend  because of capacity. 

Other games,  some regulars and not-so-regulars will miss out. Might be me, but I will live with that and go to those I can. 

At least I won't be having to pay £70 a ticket. Fulham, shame on you!! 

31 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

It’s not just now, I’ve always been silly, somethings I’m nostalgic for, overnight queuing is not one of them.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

There's no easy answer to this one.

I have a certain sympathy for people who desperately want to go to their "home" match, and might not be able to.

But I think @sage's list demonstrates that there will be a good number of away games when all fans will get a chance to attend  because of capacity. 

Other games,  some regulars and not-so-regulars will miss out. Might be me, but I will live with that and go to those I can. 

At least I won't be having to pay £70 a ticket. Fulham, shame on you!! 

If people are really that desperate to go to their “ home” match get a customer number for that club and sit in the home end. It’s easy to do especially if you plan ahead. When our ticket office was going through a dodgy stage last season and tickets were coming through late I signed up to a few clubs, it’s free and you don’t have to buy anything. Ive  had emails urging me to get my season ticket before it’s too late from both QPR and Swansea ?