Away Memberships

Day

24 minutes ago, Topram said:

The memberships last a year not a season, we got one that should still run till Christmas? What happens to that 4/5 months worth it they’re scrapped? 

Got mine on the 27th of July, so not long left.

Last season, out of 23 away games, just 10 were on a Saturday and not shown live on Sky

Next season it should be 18.

Of the other 5, Bolton is on Boxing Day & Forest Green on Good Friday. Just Shrewsbury, Lincoln & Exeter are genuine midweek

Not sure if that's good or bad for the fans who try to get regular away tickets as demand may be higher ? 

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

So you’re saying someone that’s a season ticket holder but had not been to a single away game all season had the same right to a ticket for Blackpool for the last away game as someone that had been to every other away game, right.

But is it fair that someone that cannot get to many away games but wants to go to one finds it a closed shop when they try to get a ticket? For popular games maybe you do it like cup ticket etc, e.g. How many away games you've been to. People that have been to 5+ get the first period of sale and so on. 

Edited by Tricky1884
Wording

1 hour ago, David said:

Points system would be a fairer way and the more I think about it has the potential to be more lucrative if you think about it, EFL clubs are given is it just 5% of the ticket revenue for away games? That's not a lot. 

A season ticket holder must count for something, after all it's a huge percentage of the clubs revenue, that support cannot be ignored as they don't have the luxury to travel to every away game. At the same time you do have to be conscious of those that do travel to every away game and ensure they don't miss out on the big games.

Points awarded for:

100pts - Season ticket holder.

10pts - Additional match tickets purchased by season ticket holder.

25pts - Cup game ticket purchased.

50pts - Away ticket purchased.

50pts - Spend over £100 in the club shop with one purchase.

Priority

1st Stage - 120pts

2nd stage - 100pts

3rd stage - 50pts

Probably flaws in the above points, however it's just an example.

I would maintain those categories for earning points, all fans should be given an opportunity to support the club and be rewarded.

Something like a point system seems like a very fair way to do it tbh. This season I'd prefer an away membership system for selfish reasons (not being in a position to afford a season ticket up front with cash but wanting to visit a lot of grounds) but it always struck me as wrong that people who bought season tickets weren't given an advantage when it came to away tickets. Whilst in previous years the unfairness maybe only really affected the forest away game, this season it would affect 95% of away games where tickets are scarce and fans are plenty. 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

So you’re saying someone that’s a season ticket holder but had not been to a single away game all season had the same right to a ticket for Blackpool for the last away game as someone that had been to every other away game, right.

Have you forgotten that some fans cant afford to go to every away match, so why should they be excluded because they havnt got the funds.

4 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

But is it fair that someone that cannot get to many away games but wants to go to one finds it a closed shop when they try to get a ticket? For popular games maybe you do it like cup ticket etc, e.g. How many away games you've been to. People that have been to 5+ get the first period of sale and so on. 

But that is exactly how the system works, its not a closed shop, you do not have to have away membership or even a season ticket if there is a large enough allocation, my grandson went to Blackpool as his first ever away game when the extra allocation became available.  Some of the grounds have large away allocations such as Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton , MK dons. I don’t think Exeter on a Tuesday night will be oversubscribed.

49 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can confirm they did use a separate company, as my membership pack never arrived. I was referred onto them when I queried it. That might be why they used them, as they put the packs together and posted them out. 

The packs themselves were quite impressive,  the content less so! I liked my keyring! ? 

Lots of recycling of cardboard. ?

I believe the company (First ?), carried out other marketing work for Derby other than the Memberships. They are quite well regarded in the sporting world as i believe they handle all Liverpool's marketing requirements. 

I attended one of their freebies last year at Pride Park last season and chatted to one of their representatives and was quite impressed with them.

I left her with a business card so if they needed my services they could contact me. Unfortunately i lost theirs when my luggage got mis-appropriated at Munich Airport.

Edited by I DONT MIND

11 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

I attended one of their freebies last year at Pride Park last season and chatted to one of their representatives and was quite impressed with them.

I left her with a business card so if they needed my services they could contact me. Unfortunately i lost theirs when my luggage got mis-appropriated at Munich Airport.

Did she have a nice lunch box?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

1 hour ago, David said:

Points system would be a fairer way and the more I think about it has the potential to be more lucrative if you think about it, EFL clubs are given is it just 5% of the ticket revenue for away games? That's not a lot. 

A season ticket holder must count for something, after all it's a huge percentage of the clubs revenue, that support cannot be ignored as they don't have the luxury to travel to every away game. At the same time you do have to be conscious of those that do travel to every away game and ensure they don't miss out on the big games.

Points awarded for:

100pts - Season ticket holder.

10pts - Additional match tickets purchased by season ticket holder.

25pts - Cup game ticket purchased.

50pts - Away ticket purchased.

50pts - Spend over £100 in the club shop with one purchase.

Priority

1st Stage - 120pts

2nd stage - 100pts

3rd stage - 50pts

Probably flaws in the above points, however it's just an example.

I would maintain those categories for earning points, all fans should be given an opportunity to support the club and be rewarded.

Way too simple. For a start, there are no deductions...

Throwing beer

Racist abuse

Singing the Collymore song

Leaving before full time when less than 2 goals in it

Missing a goal either side of half time

Been mad for it at 10am at Covent Garden on Playoff final day, then been silent all match as so intoxicated

Mentioning politics on DCFC Fans

Saying "this is the sort of team we should be beating" based purely on size of ground/historical trophies"

Moaning loudly when an attempted through ball is just cut out

Causing us to concede by saying something like "I can't see them scoring now"

Moaning loudly when a young player opts to retain possession rather than boot it downfield

Only ever posting on here on matchday thread when we are losing

Then we need more ways of earning points...

Starting a chant

Inventing a chant

Wearing an original retro shirt from over 20 years ago

Travelling a long distance for home/away matches

Sitting with home fans as our away location has sold out

Buying the most proper beer at the ground

Saving fuel by giving other fans lift

Someone can knock up a simple app to record all this information, plus report on good/bad behaviour of others. Ideally it ends up as a Black Mirror episode when every thought or idea is rewarded/punished!

I had a season ticket for years but as I have to be on call for work and live two hours away so let it go. I then had a home and way membership to pick my games to which I could go to. Worked better for me. But I understand that season ticket holders are the base of the club week in and week out. It will be interesting to see if I have issues getting a ticket this year. Or just get a season ticket and just not go when I have to work? Bit of a waste?

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Worked ok for me!  ?

Oh... and it was Muckerette's first game of the season, home or away!  (Thanks to a kindly poster on here)!   

Purely by coincidence, I emailed the ticket office earlier today requesting any information regarding the availability of away memberships, (I live closer to a lot of away grounds than to PP).

This is the verbatim response:

"Information on Memberships which give you priority on booking away tickets will be announced in due course. Please continue to check the website and social media channels for the details when confirmed."

No mention that memberships will NOT be available!

28 minutes ago, archram said:

I don’t think there is any such thing as a fair system when demand exceeds supply by such a lot in some circumstances - said she unhelpfully! There will always be some people who feel disadvantaged and you can only try to find the least unfair way of doing it.

You are correct, there would never be a system that every fan approves of. Each fan will be heavily biased to their own set of circumstances. 

Why should someone that has attended every away game miss out?

Why should someone be able to pay £40 to jump the queue for what could be going to just one game of the season.

What happens if you have 15,000 season tickets eligible for priority away tickets?

The same as would happen if you have 2500 away members for a game with an allocation of 1500, first come first served.

If you want to have priority just buy the away membership?

If we all did that, there would be a huge fight for tickets when they are released.

Why does should buying a season ticket give you priority for away games?

Why should buying a card for £40 give you priority.

Away memberships create a closed shop?

Memberships are available for everyone to buy.

You don't need a membership for 90% of away games anyway?

So what are we arguing about then.

I just think I deserve to go to X away game because I do X?

Yeah well I've been a fan since 1884, got every Rams badge tattooed on my buttocks and listen to every game on the wireless, I want to go to that game.