Away Memberships

Day

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm hoping the winter weather puts enough people off going to Burton. It's the only game of the season I can get to without driving ?
Maybe Shrewsbury being on the Tuesday will allow sales to get through to general sale?

I don't think I'll have much trouble getting tickets to the other games I'm allowed to go to.

I believe the Pitcairn Island Rams Fans will not be going this Winter, But sure as God made little green apples the Winter weather will not be putting those other Rams Fans around the World from not going.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/07/away-ticket-membership-information-confirmed

The way I read this last season’s away games for last season none away membership people are irrelevant 

Have to wait for 6th 48 hrs period to apply for away membership!

No, you can apply for away membership tomorrow,  but you have to wait until the relevant time frame to buy away tickets from when each game comes on sale. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, you can apply for away membership tomorrow,  but you have to wait until the relevant time frame to buy away tickets from when each game comes on sale. 

That’s not how it reads though 

It says members with away tickets qualification criteria 

Are members Fans !

Edited by Curtains
Altered

2 hours ago, erathirea said:

Given I don't live locally, I had hoped to get to a couple of away games this year. Since I only attended 2 home games last year, I suspect getting in the away end for Lincoln and Cambridge may prove a challenge...

Ipswich had 2,500 fans at Cambridge 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, we'll find out at 10 a.m. tomorrow! 

You see imo 48 hrs isn’t enough time for all last season’s membership to renew with top away criteria. 
They either know what they have written or they don’t. 

Edited by Curtains

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s not how it reads though 

It says members with away tickets qualification criteria 

Are members Fans !

No, members are people who have bought membership after tomorrow ( or any other day). So tomorrow you buy your membership and then when the tickets go on sale you follow the qualification criteria.

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You see imo 48 hrs isn’t enough time for all last season’s membership to renew with top away criteria. 
They either know what they have written or they don’t. 

Anyone can buy a membership tomorrow.

what it means is when away tickets go on sale, depending how many away games you have on your account for last season determines when you can use that membership to purchase away tickets for this season.

basically if you did less then let’s say 10 away games last year .. even with the membership you can miss out if those who did 10+ and have a membership snap the tickets up.

anyone who doesn’t have a membership regardless of how many away games they went to last season are at the back of the queue. 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So basically if you buy  membership tomorrow you still aren’t guaranteed an away ticket for individual games. 

Yep, although I would guess 20+ pretty much guarantees them. Gets less likely the further down you go.

Not easy as in a non-covid season we would have had 22/23. But we had a slow start due to covid, as I would imagine did more than a few.

But they've got to do something and whatever they do it won't suit everyone.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I didn’t doubt you lol. 
I just don’t understand the logic. 
It seems unfair to me as you could purchase away membership but not be able to get tickets for certain games. 
Mo criteria regarding season tickets 

But you will get tickets to some games, just not the ones that are in short supply.

Just now, angieram said:

Yep, although I would guess 20+ pretty much guarantees them. Gets less likely the further down you go.

Not easy as in a non-covid season we would have had 22/23. But we had a slow start due to covid, as I would imagine did more than a few.

But they've got to do something and whatever they do it won't suit everyone.

Yes, I have a season ticket and will probably buy an away membership but I’ll be hoping for tickets rather than expecting them.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Well, we'll find out at 10 a.m. tomorrow! 

The way I read it is, to avoid waiting for general sale you need to purchase away membership. I don’t think it matters if you buy your membership tomorrow or in a weeks time provided you’ve bought it before any away tickets go on sale. When you’ve purchased membership, you then fall into one of phase 1-5 depending on how many away games you attended last season. Of course you need to have purchased your away tickets via DCFC (using your fan ID) otherwise they won’t know how many games you’ve attended.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to find out at 10am tomorrow. All that happens then is that away membership go on sale.

Maybe my understanding is completely wrong.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The way I read it is, to avoid waiting for general sale you need to purchase away membership. I don’t think it matters if you buy your membership tomorrow or in a weeks time provided you’ve bought it before any away tickets go on sale. When you’ve purchased membership, you then fall into one of phase 1-5 depending on how many away games you attended last season. Of course you need to have purchased your away tickets via DCFC (using your fan ID) otherwise they won’t know how many games you’ve attended.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to find out at 10am tomorrow. All that happens then is that away membership go on sale.

I wonder if there are a limited number of ‘Away Memberships’ up for sale?

I’m  guessing not, but who knows?

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No it’s right.  Angie was answering me as I was trying to understand  it all. 
Angie was right all along. 
Not sure if I will purchase away membership though.  

Edited by Curtains
Altered