Away Memberships

Day

Be interesting to see how they allocate priority for away tickets this season, new smaller grounds to visit, the demand will be high.

Always thought there must be a fairer way to give priority than buying a membership, however this season you wouldn’t have blamed the club cashing in on memberships, recouping some money but no.

Edited by David
Changed topic title, might not be true.

24 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

First come first served to season ticket holders. Otherwise what happens is that people who don't have a home season ticket but just like going away for the piss up etc get first dibs 

So you’re saying someone that’s a season ticket holder but had not been to a single away game all season had the same right to a ticket for Blackpool for the last away game as someone that had been to every other away game, right.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

1500 away members paying £40 is only 60k in the bank. 

some grounds don't have 1500 away allocation 

i'd be happy to see it scrapped and back to STH / general fans building away points and loyalty

Away membership only gives you priority, it doesn’t guarantee you a ticket, it’s still dependent on how many games you’ve been to if the allocation is less than the membership, so in effect you are building away points and loyalty but also putting extra revenue in to the club.

Points system would be a fairer way and the more I think about it has the potential to be more lucrative if you think about it, EFL clubs are given is it just 5% of the ticket revenue for away games? That's not a lot. 

A season ticket holder must count for something, after all it's a huge percentage of the clubs revenue, that support cannot be ignored as they don't have the luxury to travel to every away game. At the same time you do have to be conscious of those that do travel to every away game and ensure they don't miss out on the big games.

Points awarded for:

100pts - Season ticket holder.

10pts - Additional match tickets purchased by season ticket holder.

25pts - Cup game ticket purchased.

50pts - Away ticket purchased.

50pts - Spend over £100 in the club shop with one purchase.

Priority

1st Stage - 120pts

2nd stage - 100pts

3rd stage - 50pts

Probably flaws in the above points, however it's just an example.

I would maintain those categories for earning points, all fans should be given an opportunity to support the club and be rewarded.

1 hour ago, David said:

Ahh, that would make sense and not make sense. 

Why would the club need a third party to handle memberships? Surely a database with membership number and expiry dates could be managed from within. 

I can confirm they did use a separate company, as my membership pack never arrived. I was referred onto them when I queried it. That might be why they used them, as they put the packs together and posted them out. 

The packs themselves were quite impressive,  the content less so! I liked my keyring! ? 

Lots of recycling of cardboard. ?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I can confirm they did use a separate company, as my membership pack never arrived. I was referred onto them when I queried it. That might be why they used them, as they put the packs together and posted them out. 

The packs themselves were quite impressive,  the content less so! I liked my keyring! ? 

Lots of recycling of cardboard. ?

Which probably doesn't leave much profit left with cards by time this is all factored in.

Third party wouldn't be doing all that for fun.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Points system would be a fairer way and the more I think about it has the potential to be more lucrative if you think about it, EFL clubs are given is it just 5% of the ticket revenue for away games? That's not a lot. 

A season ticket holder must count for something, after all it's a huge percentage of the clubs revenue, that support cannot be ignored as they don't have the luxury to travel to every away game. At the same time you do have to be conscious of those that do travel to every away game and ensure they don't miss out on the big games.

Points awarded for:

100pts - Season ticket holder.

10pts - Additional match tickets purchased by season ticket holder.

25pts - Cup game ticket purchased.

50pts - Away ticket purchased.

50pts - Spend over £100 in the club shop with one purchase.

Priority

1st Stage - 120pts

2nd stage - 100pts

3rd stage - 50pts

Probably flaws in the above points, however it's just an example.

I would maintain those categories for earning points, all fans should be given an opportunity to support the club and be rewarded.

A massive flaw in your system, assume we sell 15,000 season tickets and they all go to the first cup game that gives 15,000 people 125 points giving them priority for tickets to Morecambe with an away capacity of 1,700. Not against a points system, lots of clubs do it, but as in my post above we are already effectively doing that.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

A massive flaw in your system, assume we sell 15,000 season tickets and they all go to the first cup game that gives 15,000 people 125 points giving them priority for tickets to Morecambe with an away capacity of 1,700. Not against a points system, lots of clubs do it, but as in my post above we are already effectively doing that.

As you said, away memberships don't guarantee you a ticket, neither would this at the start of the season.

Also, as you progress through the season the required points for priority would increase as we play more cup and away games, meaning those that do travel by Christmas and the end of the season would have a far better opportunity for a potential Boxing Day away day, or last away game of the season on the coast.

Done right it's a far fairer system than simply would can afford to cough up an extra £40 a season just for the opportunity to buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

First come first served to season ticket holders. Otherwise what happens is that people who don't have a home season ticket but just like going away for the piss up etc get first dibs 

Dont agree with membership for this and membership for that. Should be first come for season ticket holders like you have said. Why can you be a member and not a season ticket holder. Not fair on season ticket holders especially if had season ticket for years.