2022/23 squad

YoxallRam

I think bryne and buchanan are two sides of the same coin, tricked by their agents into thinking they can rip up their contracts and walk away for nothing without action.

Think this is another one for the court of arbitration for sport at fifa to resolve.

I think as with buchanan, the efl will not support the player but will support derby.

Its interesting as it potentially means a decent payout for both players to Derby.

Fifa of course have the power to do things like removing the license to operate for their agents and fining the club's who take then on, even though the players remain registered to Derby.

Our new owner has enough wealth to back a proper legal case against players and its not in derbys interests to lose two young players from whom the club would expect a transfer fee.

What do we have then? 

GK: Wildsmith / (Foulkes)

RB:

LB: Roberts / (Grewall-Pollard)

CB: Davies / Cashin / Stearman / Chester / (Solomon) 

DM: Bielik / Thompson

CM: Bird / Knight / Hourihane / (Robinson) / (Dixon)

ACM: Sibley / Aghatise

WIDE: Barkhuizen / NML / (Richards)

ST: Stretton / Cybulski / McGoldrick

Possibles:

RB: Oduroh

LB: Forsyth

CB: Rooney

DM: McDonald

WIDE: Glover

Is that accurate? Trying to keep up isn't easy.

I still think we're a good 8 players short and that's without anyone going really.

I think we need:-

1 keeper

2 right backs

Left back (Should be ok if Forsyth stays)

Midfielder (Not a chance we aren't losing one)

1/2 winger. We've only got NML and Barkhuizen there. Need more options.

2 strikers. We've got Mcgoldrick and hopefully Collins and then one more should be ok. I'm not sure Stretton is quite there yet and I'm absolutely certain Bartosz isn't.

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

Both Buchanan and Bryne are a word that starts with the first letter of their names. And it isn't brilliant.

Yes very disappointing. Bellingham at Birmingham had the right idea. Signed a new contract then immediately sold to Borussia for up to £30m. No wonder Birmingham 'retired' his shirt number as a thank you. !!

Hope Derby retain their registrations and fight for compensation. Every £ helps. 

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

What do we have then? 

GK: Wildsmith / (Foulkes)

RB:

LB: Roberts / (Grewall-Pollard)

CB: Davies / Cashin / Stearman / Chester / (Solomon) 

DM: Bielik / Thompson

CM: Bird / Knight / Hourihane / (Robinson) / (Dixon)

ACM: Sibley / Aghatise

WIDE: Barkhuizen / NML / (Richards)

ST: Stretton / Cybulski / McGoldrick

Possibles:

RB: Oduroh

LB: Forsyth

CB: Rooney

DM: McDonald

WIDE: Glover

Is that accurate? Trying to keep up isn't easy.

Some of those you list will be U21s, with the odd first team appearance, so shouldn't really be on the first team list.

GK: ?, Wildsmith, Foulkes

RB: ?, Odoruh

CB: Chester, Stearman

CB: Cashin, Davies

LB: Forsyth, Roberts

CM: Bird, Tommo

CM: Bielik, McDonald

RW: Mendez-Laing, Glover

AM: Hourihane, Sibley

LW: Knight, Barkhuizen

CF: Collins, McGoldrick, Stretton

7 signings as long as we don't sell anyone. A starting GK and RB to be identified. Hopefully Collins for the CF spot, otherwise someone else who'd be a top end L1 forward. All the others were in the squad today and I imagine we're in talks woth them already.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I still think we're a good 8 players short and that's without anyone going really.

I think we need:-

1 keeper

2 right backs

Left back (Should be ok if Forsyth stays)

Midfielder (Not a chance we aren't losing one)

1/2 winger. We've only got NML and Barkhuizen there. Need more options.

2 strikers. We've got Mcgoldrick and hopefully Collins and then one more should be ok. I'm not sure Stretton is quite there yet and I'm absolutely certain Bartosz isn't.

It's a hard balance having enough sqaud depth but also not getting too many new bodies in it affects the sqaud cohesion and so everyone has game time.

We certianly need another goal keeper so we have come competition and coverage incase of an injury to Wildsmith.

A couple of right backs are also needed (hopefully Fozzy resigns can be the starting left back). Maybe we will sign up the young right back on trail today as seemed to do well? If Fozzy signs up, could Grewall-Pollard and Roberts provide coverage for LB?

If Bielik is off we should look to get another balling winning midfielder. If Knight goes I think in CAM we will be fine with Sibley and Hourihane.

We should get another another wide man as well, I agree. But I think one should be enough as we have others who can player there. Could Glover be good enough to feature in the first team?

I don't think we need two more centre forwards when we have Stretton and Cybulski. I'd like more centre foward though with a proven record.

Edited by Ram1988

We might still attract someone a bit unexpected, like the Hourihane deal, but I would be happy with a few more young additions. Plenty of old heads in the dressing room now, think we could use some energy and pace.

Add some players hungry to prove themselves, perhaps more loans like Roberts, and we'll have a really nice mix.

Forsyth is a must sign, he can still win everything in the air and whip it in to the box. I thought he probably should have been in the team ahead of Buchanan at the end of last season.

Collins and another U23's striker?

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

We might still attract someone a bit unexpected, like the Hourihane deal, but I would be happy with a few more young additions. Plenty of old heads in the dressing room now, think we could use some energy and pace.

Add some players hungry to prove themselves, perhaps more loans like Roberts, and we'll have a really nice mix.

Forsyth is a must sign, he can still win everything in the air and whip it in to the box. I thought he probably should have been in the team ahead of Buchanan at the end of last season.

Collins and another U23's striker?

Would be happy with Collins, mcgoldrick and a young promising striker,  still think we need a rb and someone can play rb and LB for depth and a gk

18 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Would be happy with Collins, mcgoldrick and a young promising striker,  still think we need a rb and someone can play rb and LB for depth and a gk

Jebbison from Sheff U would be an ideal promising striker in on loan