2022/23 squad

YoxallRam

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

CKR has posted a training ground video on his Insta story that looks much more exotic than Derby! My screenshot file size too big to post sorry!  Have we heard anything official yet as to what he is doing? 

Looks like he is at Barcelona, clearly not training with us currently.

I know this will get posted here at some point but l don't know if this account has any credibility. Posts a lot of Derby stuff, seems to make a lot of guesses or just waits until there is an announcement from an actual journalist and then just regurgitates information sightly reworded.

For example Ryan Conway stated this morning that there is no update on the Davies deal, they are still in discussions. This account said that the other day that Davies had signed a new contract, announcement soon.

I reckon it's just some guy in his bedroom pretending to be ITK.

Edited by Rammy03

56 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I know this will get posted here at some point but l don't know if this account has any credibility. Posts a lot of Derby stuff, seems to make a lot of guesses or just waits until there is an announcement from an actual journalist and then just regurgitates information sightly reworded.

For example Ryan Conway stated this morning that there is no update on the Davies deal, they are still in discussions. This account said that the other day that Davies had signed a new contract, announcement soon.

I reckon it's just some guy in his bedroom pretending to be ITK.

I think he catches news from other sources and puts his/her own spin on it. I think they have seen CKR instagram and because he isnt training with us come out with that news.

On 07/07/2022 at 13:53, YoxallRam said:

Wildsmith - GK

Chester - Def

Cashin - Def

Davies - Def

Stearman - Def

Bielik - Mid

Bird - Mid

Thompson - Mid

Knight - Mid

Sibley - Mid

Hourihane - Mid

Mendez-Laing - Mid

Barkhuizen - Mid

McGoldrick - ST

Stretton - ST

Edited by YoxallRam

What a brilliant thread.

The reality is that bringing in so many players is likely to be problematical. A couple just won't fit in and a couple will miss significant time due to injuries. The rest will take time to gel and it will take Liam a while to learn about his players.

I reckon that looks like a mid-table squad. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that everything could click and we make the top 6.

That is a far better position than I expected and about a million times better than I feared. We're a proper club again.

I know I've said it before, but thank you David Clowes. I think every Derby fan owes you a pint. 

56 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

What a brilliant thread.

The reality is that bringing in so many players is likely to be problematical. A couple just won't fit in and a couple will miss significant time due to injuries. The rest will take time to gel and it will take Liam a while to learn about his players.

I reckon that looks like a mid-table squad. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that everything could click and we make the top 6.

That is a far better position than I expected and about a million times better than I feared. We're a proper club again.

I know I've said it before, but thank you David Clowes. I think every Derby fan owes you a pint. 

We have proven quality that is getting up there in years, the make or break on this is what we do to surround them with legs and athleticism.

We managed to strike a relatively good balance last season with Allsop, Byrne, Davies, Bielik and Lawrence being the consistent more experienced starters, then a few others like Forsyth getting regular games, and you could almost include Bird and Knight as experienced too. We just need to be careful we don’t end up with an average squad age way too high, or we could get caught out. 

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

What a brilliant thread.

Rosenior said in his interview yesterday that the character of the players has formed a big part of their recruitment as well as their footballing ability.
I think having the continuity of players like Davies and Stearman will help with that. The existing relationships between current squad members and the new signings will help as well, plus Rosenior knows a couple of them too. Stearman commented on how the standard in training has increased since the first day back with each addition. The fact Bird, Knight, Sibley, Thommo and Cashin were exposed to so much first team football last year will help us, they’re young in age but not in experience. 
It’s not an exact science but I think if they can work hard bonding as a team in the next couple of weeks we’ll stand a good chance of a solid start to the season. ? 

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

What a brilliant thread.

That’s a realistic view to have. I got a it carried away at announcements number 2, as the quality of player coming in is a lot higher than I even hoped. But we’re still not at even modest squad size levels. More players needed, particularly for our under 21 team. (Side note - quite a few decent players released by Prem clubs that could fit the bill)

I think we should be realistic about the time it will take this new squad and inexperienced coaching team to build and gel, but also feel optimistic as this could be a quality side!

We definitely need some bodies around the side of the pitch and in attacking positions. The situation with Byrne causes a headache as we need to replace him. The city player who played today looked a little nervous. He would be great as a bridge prospect, but if we have to place Byrne then we’re going to need to look again.

a goalkeeper
two left backs (one if Forsyth signs)
two right backs (one if Byrne stays)
left winger
right winger
couple of strikers

9 players to pad out the first team. Odukoh is a good option for one of the right back spots, that’ll be sorted if Byrne stays, but if not then we really need two. 

A lot of work to do before the start of the season, still. However, the loan market can cover 4 of those positions, so perhaps not a complete nightmare as picking 9 capable players up off the street.