New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

As I said earlier, Todd Kane is wanted out by Coventry and Oxford fans reckon he's joining them. Surely we can beat them to him, attacking right back, good age and experience.

Why don’t Coventry want him?

22 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

As I said earlier, Todd Kane is wanted out by Coventry and Oxford fans reckon he's joining them. Surely we can beat them to him, attacking right back, good age and experience.

Probably because he will cost money. 

1 hour ago, roboto said:

It is slim pickings at the moment, but I hope the recruitment team can pull a rabbit from the hat somewhere.

I had a check in on the players you've listed.

Christie - Not again for me. Although might be the best of a bad bunch.

Torraj - Only 18, think we have our young RB sorted with Oduroh

Gibson - Left footed apparently, so wouldn't be suited to RB

Jeanvier - Another centre back, but he also signed for Auxerre last month

Dendoncker - Appears to only played 6 games while on loan at St. Johnstone last season and got sent back after only half of the loan period.

How about these ... Carl Jenkinson, Oludare Olufunwa, Jonathan Dinzeyi, Pascal Estrada, Alfie Mawson, Julian Jeanvier?

1 hour ago, roboto said:

It is slim pickings at the moment, but I hope the recruitment team can pull a rabbit from the hat somewhere.

I had a check in on the players you've listed.

Christie - Not again for me. Although might be the best of a bad bunch.

Torraj - Only 18, think we have our young RB sorted with Oduroh

Gibson - Left footed apparently, so wouldn't be suited to RB

Jeanvier - Another centre back, but he also signed for Auxerre last month

Dendoncker - Appears to only played 6 games while on loan at St. Johnstone last season and got sent back after only half of the loan period.

How about these ... Carl Jenkinson, Oludare Olufunwa, Jonathan Dinzeyi, Pascal Estrada, Alfie Mawson?

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

How about these ... Carl Jenkinson, Oludare Olufunwa, Jonathan Dinzeyi, Pascal Estrada, Alfie Mawson?

Jenkinson - Plays in Australia. Just signed for Newcastle Jets

Olufunwa - Centre back mainly with less experience than Oduroh

Dinyezi - Centre back again.

Estrada - centre back (again) also just signed for a Slovenian team

Mawson - Another centre back…

Please, while you’re plucking names out of thin air, just do a bit of extra reading to see if they fit the right back position with experience and are available (not just moved somewhere else). 

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

Jenkinson - Plays in Australia. Just signed for Newcastle Jets

Olufunwa - Centre back mainly with less experience than Oduroh

Dinyezi - Centre back again.

Estrada - centre back (again) also just signed for a Slovenian team

Mawson - Another centre back…

Please, while you’re plucking names out of thin air, just do a bit of extra reading to see if they fit the right back position with experience and are available (not just moved somewhere else). 

Oh you miserable sod! 

I've found -

John Terry

Antonio Rudiger

Billy Bob Thornton

Claude Davies

Steve Strange

Any of them up to much?

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

In replacing bryne how about Cyrus Christie, Renaldo Torraj, Lewis Gibson, Julian Jeanvier, Lars Dendoncker, Martin Kelly

Renaldo Torraj on the bench for U21s tonight

didnt see confirmation of the Sonny Blu deal either but he’s playing. Don’t recognise the name Armelindo Mema either.

6066F42B-A1F9-4812-B2E7-9E5F3EC64E60.thumb.png.7fadc2aad77d7fbb711ae1bf7ce6e294.png

10 hours ago, roboto said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least another 4-5 players in before the end of the window. A couple of them being loans and others will likely have to be free transfers/out of contract players - depending on what we can do within our business plan.

Keeper, right back, striker and wide forward at a minimum. Extra cover in forward areas would be nice to have over a long campaign where you will need to utilise plans B, C and D etc.

Desperately need some competition for Wildsmith and the free options out there are few and far between. Pacy forward options are needed to compliment and give options against what we currently have, these are more likely to be youngsters on loan. Right back is a tricky one, we could do with some experience there.

I agree. There is much talk of our numerous incomings but the net number of players after outgoings is pretty much the same and that was from a low base number. We need, net, another 3 or 4 first team bodies. Goalie competition, right back and striker as a minimum. Do that and we are reasonably set up within sensible limits to be balanced and strong enough to give it a real go.