New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, simmoram1995 said:

Wasn’t Evans DOF under mclaren 

so Dawkins , Bamford, Ince , bent etc then he left when mclaren left - butterfield , Johnson anya were signed by Pearson without a DOF 

You can hopefully see my point though.

Need another DOF like a hole in the head IMHO. 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

According to Nixon 

Mcgoldrick we  are ahead of boro he’s local to area and has been on trial 

hourihane and Chester close 

2-3 other trials including ex Bournemouth winger , ex nice winger , plus a young goalkeeper

buchannon can go for £400,000 compensation 

Deji Sotona from Nice? Would tick the boxes for young talent that I’d like us to add to the squad alongside these steady experienced players we’ve been adding.

Young goalie is interesting, makes it seem like Wildsmith will start as first choice. Maybe we need an older more experienced gk too?

8 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Only leaves the GK which we didn't need until last week came around. Rooney and Rosenior likely made their targets long before Rooney left so its likely a follow through of any original plan. 

Jason Pearcey seems to have played a big part in Wildsmith signing from what he said in his interview. Wildsmith said they’ve known each other since he was 15 as Pearcey tried to sign him as a scholar and has stayed in touch with him since. Guess Pearcey has talked him up as an option to the club and sold the club to Wildsmith, as the GK coach he must see something he can work with.

23 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Deji - raw pace and I mean pace to put it in context when at united he was the fastest player at the club at all levels - FW but more winger he’s quite gangly think more Wanchope but first touch isn’t great but definitely something we could work with 

Went on loan to Brentford B (their development squad) last season, I had a quick look at their match reports. 

He made around 12-15 appearances, only started 2 or 3 games, didn't really seem to do much. A couple of 'forward drives' mentioned, a couple of passes leading to shots, and one goal rounding off a 14-0 win. 

Most of their goals seemed to be scored by a lad named Nathan Young-Coombes, which very quickly became annoying to read! 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

54 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can hopefully see my point though.

Need another DOF like a hole in the head IMHO. 

Evans wasn't a director of football he was just a scout who helped out with deals. A director of football doesn't report to the manager its the other way round. I think if we are going with Rosenior a proper DOF would be a good idea, but someone who is older and has been a manager such as Mick McCarthy. Rosenior could then appoint another young coach to work with him. I think that would work better than having an older more experienced coach working under Rosenior 

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We have to remember not all signings will be for the first team straight away anyway. Some will be for the u23s who we will obviously hope can be ready to step up into the first team squad if/when needed. I think Glover & Sotana may fall into that remit.

As good as the academy had gotten to be, it's surely been decimated by the last couple of years along with everything else?

Last season all the good u23s were in the first team and this season they're in other peoples teams.

22 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Evans wasn't a director of football he was just a scout who helped out with deals. A director of football doesn't report to the manager its the other way round. I think if we are going with Rosenior a proper DOF would be a good idea, but someone who is older and has been a manager such as Mick McCarthy. Rosenior could then appoint another young coach to work with him. I think that would work better than having an older more experienced coach working under Rosenior 

What is a DoF, What are his/her duties, This is something that is IMO a makeweight between club owner and manager, What is the defining role, Well that depends on the owner, It's common on the Continent I believe maybe even in the top 2 divisions, But is it needed in League 1, I think not, The owner has to have faith in the manager he has hired, No good bringing in a 3rd party for what is a technical/managerial/transfer dealer when the manager wants a player he knows and can deal with, No good the DoF saying you're getting this player and he will play here, Nope it's a resounding NO! from me.

Wasn't Claud Davis a present to our manager at the time?‍♀️if so, Wow that worked out well ?

46 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

'Technical Director' was his actual title

I'm just grateful we are now able to sign players who can kick a football, rather than resorting to playing 16 year olds and Sunday morning drunks.

I'll welcome anyone with open arms.

We are being linked with David McGoldrick, see stats.

Hes not had a prolific career and I wonder if the right sort of player for us, in a league where so many teams have 15 plus goals a season. 

I'd prefer Oladapo Afolayan, Jamal Lowe, Troy Parrott (on a loan).

Screenshot_20220703-124753_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can someone let us know? I'd rather rip my own ears off with a claw hammer than listen to talksport 

I have been listening to it since 13:15 and he hasn’t been on yet so he will be probably on later in the show. Maybe announcing his new contract?