Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - Signed 2 year deal

DCFC1388

On 01/07/2022 at 21:36, Halifaxowl said:

Honest opinion from an owl

He had 1 or 2 decent games. When he could be bothered he’s too good for league 1. Biggest issue is that he generally can’t be bothered 

Attitude is very questionable as well

A perfect example of this was the play off semi final second leg. He gave the ball away trying something too flash and just gave up and refused to defend. Bottom line we conceded and lost

Glad we got rid to be honest. Only out for himself

This is what I expected. It's one of Rooney's signings really, he probably thought that he could get something out of him like he has done with Ravel Morrison. With Rooney now gone, it's down to Rosenior. Whether he can handle these types of characters and attitudes remains to be seen. But no one is messing around with CKR in the dressing room (if he stays that is).

On 02/07/2022 at 11:30, BobdeBilder said:

We will get who we can get. We aint a big draw anymore.

Relatively speaking we are. In League one Derby and Sheff Wed are miles clear of any other club

Edited by Rammy03

15 hours ago, spondon_ram said:

Ravel and kaz were meant to have bad attitudes. Worked ok for us though. Do also bear in mind we are in league 1 now.

you are right but we arent going to get lucky with every signing and i felt rooney was a very good man manager.

i am stlightly conernced by our first few transfers. i know time is of the essence but if these type of players are a sign of things to come then we are going nowhere quickly. harsh but my opinion.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

you are right but we arent going to get lucky with every signing and i felt rooney was a very good man manager.

i am stlightly conernced by our first few transfers. i know time is of the essence but if these type of players are a sign of things to come then we are going nowhere quickly. harsh but my opinion.

I agree on Rooney. He wanted to bring in Mendez Laing because he probably thought he could get something out of him like he has done with Ravel Morrison. The thing that was most impressive about Rooney was that he got players running through brick walls. The way he got CKR and Morrison playing was impressive and pleasantly surprising to many. We know Rosenior is a good coach as he is very well regarded but it remains to be seen whether he has what it takes to manage these characters.

I think the Barkhuizen signing is a good one. Was very good at Preston initially and then clearly just got a bit stale having been there a while and his game time decreased. He will be good in League one I have no doubts. Wildsmith is a goalkeeper no one knows much about as he hasn't played consistently. Wednesday fans seem to think he'll do well if he can get in a settled side. 

I don't see a reason to be concerned by the business yet. We have to accept that we are in League one now and we aren't paying transfer fees. We desperately need players in the building. 

i too am happy with Barkhuizen. he ticks every box for me and has always had a good engine to get up and down the pitch. 

i do understand the need for players, i just wish we were recruiting with a bit more thought. i bet agents are queing up outside pride park trying to get their player with no offers an offer.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

i too am happy with Barkhuizen. he ticks every box for me and has always had a good engine to get up and down the pitch. 

i do understand the need for players, i just wish we were recruiting with a bit more thought. i bet agents are queing up outside pride park trying to get their player with no offers an offer.

Really? You think we're just signing any old players in case no-one else wants to come here? 

4 hours ago, alram said:

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel wtf ?