Conor Hourihane - Signed 2 year deal

Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, ClowePow said:

I believe he only completed a full 90 minutes about 10 times last season?

No doubt about his talent, but keeping him on the pitch may be a challenge.

The team we appear to be assembling , will he need to play 90 mins ? .....just askin' for a friend 

Spoke to a Villa fan I work with and he had a lot of good stuff to say about Hourihane, which got my hopes up we’ve got a gem at League One level.

In summary: good Championship midfielder who couldn’t make the jump to the Prem. Good on set pieces (which will be a nice inclusion to the team!), passing and shooting both good. The one negative was he’s slow. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

In summary: good Championship midfielder who couldn’t make the jump to the Prem. Good on set pieces (which will be a nice inclusion to the team!), passing and shooting both good. The one negative was he’s slow. 

Well we've had Tom Huddlestone in midfield

17 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

The team we appear to be assembling , will he need to play 90 mins ? .....just askin' for a friend 

As we don't currently have enough players for a full subs bench...he might have to.

25 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

This tickled me

"He chose Derby football club, he chose Derby football club........my team's a joke".  Hilarious. 

Huddersfield fan. Upset they went for Kasumu who had 2 goals in 94 games in all competitions for MK Dons. Played 21, 24 and 24 league games in the last 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Huddersfield fan. Upset they went for Kasumu who had 2 goals in 94 games in all competitions for MK Dons. Played 21, 24 and 24 league games in the last 3 seasons.

LOL - I think "upset" is an understatement.  With stats like that, it's no wonder. Ah well.  Their loss and all that. 

The Huddersfield forum over the last week: https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/117530/conor-hourihane

"YES! I've always rated him and he is a wizard at set pieces. Now we are talking"

"Really think he would be a good fit for us, intelligent player, great delivery, scores goals."

"Would be awesome for us"

"High wages? that lets Derby out then."

"I’m sure we can compete with his current wages!"

"Having a medical at Derby"

"He wouldn't have gone to Derby if we had wanted him"

"Does/did anyone on here actually want him at Town?"

"never in for him just speculation"

?

24 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The Huddersfield forum over the last week: https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/117530/conor-hourihane

"YES! I've always rated him and he is a wizard at set pieces. Now we are talking"

"Really think he would be a good fit for us, intelligent player, great delivery, scores goals."

?

Classic. And now their manager's leaving lol

30 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

?

Absolutely brilliant ?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

?

Outstanding.