New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Sorry if this gibberish has been shared already, but these odds are hysterical.

I know the DET are only reporting what they see, but for ducks sake, why report such nonsense?

Qatar are more likely to win the World Cup than Cooper leave Forest to take over at Derby.

And Wales are more likely to win it than Lampard leave Everton to come.

Liam Rosenior: 4/6

Sean Dyche: 4/1

Frank Lampard: 6/1

Steve Cooper: 8/1

Steve McClaren: 10/1

John Terry: 12/1

ET is 11/4, Shergar 6-1 and Gareth Southgate is considering his options.

Rosenior will either get the job here or has been promised a job by WR.

I think they will appoint from within the club. Let’s spend any cash we have on players not big name managers.

52 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I can't see past Rosenior at this point, if he wants the job. We are 5 weeks away from the new season with a shell of a squad & another possible points deduction in the offing. Some of the suggestions on here wouldnt look twice at Derby in this state & to be blunt, we would have difficulty attracting anyone of serious calibre. I've always been a big fan of Ian Evatt & ordinarilý, he would be a credible choice (see his RamsTV interview last February when still Bolton manager) but Bolton are in a much better state than us currently.

Rosenior knows the players & is able to offer continuity of style/approach. He is a bright, personable & driven guy and the fact Blackpool wanted him speaks volumes for his reputation. Whether he wants an experienced assistant is his call but I certainly don't think it would hurt having someone to act as a sounding board.

We don't have the luxury of time. We have a very good internal option so lets utilise him & get a squad signed up asap. And quite frankly I would not trust Quantuma to either run a process or make any decision on an external hire. They need to focus on facilitating a takeover & then getting out of the club.

This sums up my thoughts exactly.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Sorry if this gibberish has been shared already, but these odds are hysterical.

I know the DET are only reporting what they see, but for ducks sake, why report such nonsense?

Qatar are more likely to win the World Cup than Cooper leave Forest to take over at Derby.

And Wales are more likely to win it than Lampard leave Everton to come.

Liam Rosenior: 4/6

Sean Dyche: 4/1

Frank Lampard: 6/1

Steve Cooper: 8/1

Steve McClaren: 10/1

John Terry: 12/1

You never know, Cooper might see us as his last chance to manage a big club! ?

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

If we werent in such perilous situation, i would go for a very left field suggestion, Emma Hayes, proven manager at the highest level and a winner. when on the tellybox as a pundit, she's very good, clearly knows what she's on about unlike the majority of her male conterparts.

The reason i say perilous is because if the "experiment" did not work out, it's never been done in this country afaik, the fact that we are in such a bad way before the appointment of a female boss may be somewhat forgotten and would not give the new gaffer a level playing field. 

Has the most annoying voice ever.....drives me to distraction.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Can't believe anyone thinks we've got any money to pay another manager! 

It will be an internal appointment. 

I agree. Some still think we're in the championship I think! Is this the reason Rosenior turned down Blackpool? Did Rooney have a word with him? 

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Am I the only person who cannot see Rosenior's name and not think of this guy?

A dream team of him and CJ maybe?

image.png.ee052499ea8dc0c694f67b05050e0c8e.png

I loved Reggie Perrin.....such a shame to find out that he was a bit of a '****'............

I'd be happy with Rosenior but didn't Rooney's statement say something along the lines of: "someone new that hasn't been through the last 18 months."

Surely that applies to Rosenior as well?

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can't believe anyone thinks we've got any money to pay another manager! 

It will be an internal appointment. 

Can't believe anyone would spend 50 million fir a club in League one.

Knowing there's a need for the club to make some money and for that needs to be at least in the Championship.

So then get either a free or bargain basement manager or perhaps take an old player to run the club. 

I’m 100% certain it’ll be Liam but my very first thought on hearing Rooney’d left was Warnock, perfect job for him to come out of retirement for. Not that I particularly like the guy or his football but he’s practically guaranteed to do a decent job. 

46 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ve heard Roy Keane being mentioned. 

I actually wouldn't mind that.  The combination of Liam and Roy might work in a good cop/bad cop sort of way.  Presumably has little knowledge of the lower leagues though.

If we're going for random names, how about Gary Johnson?  Turned us down in 2005!  Jim Smith type.