New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Assuming he wants it, surely it’s Rosenior?

He can start today. Vital as we need to crack the fork on.

Still a bigger club than any other options he is likely to get as manager (as opposed to assistant.

If we let things drift for a few weeks while we interview and short list then we will be in even bigger trouble for the new season.

Just focus on getting an experienced assistant.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I can't see past Rosenior at this point, if he wants the job. We are 5 weeks away from the new season with a shell of a squad & another possible points deduction in the offing. Some of the suggestions on here wouldnt look twice at Derby in this state & to be blunt, we would have difficulty attracting anyone of serious calibre. I've always been a big fan of Ian Evatt & ordinarilý, he would be a credible choice (see his RamsTV interview last February when still Bolton manager) but Bolton are in a much better state than us currently.

Rosenior knows the players & is able to offer continuity of style/approach. He is a bright, personable & driven guy and the fact Blackpool wanted him speaks volumes for his reputation. Whether he wants an experienced assistant is his call but I certainly don't think it would hurt having someone to act as a sounding board.

We don't have the luxury of time. We have a very good internal option so lets utilise him & get a squad signed up asap. And quite frankly I would not trust Quantuma to either run a process or make any decision on an external hire. They need to focus on facilitating a takeover & then getting out of the club.

I'm done with the absolutely crazy goalkicks by a defender to the keeper under pressure and passing backwards to put us under pressure as our first thought in every circumstance. Freekicks in the opposition half going back to our keeper if the opposition don't intercept them first as they know where they're headed. It's utter madness. I do not want continuity of this style and approach.

It will be Rosenior for sure because looking/interviewing/finding the money for a new manager takes time, time which we really don't have so surely it will be Liam

But....would we have considered him if he hadn't been here as assistant?

I don't think he's what we're looking for and seems like we are settling for Rosenior rather than him being the right person this also shows where we are when we are considering him to manage a club of our magnitude in his first managerial job

I would like to see a new manager with experience of this division and leave rosenior as assistant , that manager for me is Tony Mowbray as Mark Warburton is now at westham

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It will be Rosenior for sure because looking/interviewing/finding the money for a new manager takes time, time which we really don't have so surely it will be Liam

But....would we have considered him if he hadn't been here as assistant?

I don't think he's what we're looking for and seems like we are settling for Rosenior rather than him being the right person this also shows where we are when we are considering him to manage a club of our magnitude in his first managerial job

I would like to see a new manager with experience of this division and leave rosenior as assistant , that manager for me is Tony Mowbray as Mark Warburton is now at westham

Mowbray would be a great appointment but unlikely ?

You know when you have a dream and then when you wake up you’re not 100% sure if it was real or just a dream? I had one last night and dreamt that Lee Carsley was the new manager. I even said to my girlfriend this morning how strange I found it that he’d leave England U21s when he hasn’t really been there that long and thought he’d at least give the Euros a shot next summer.

She replied “I have no idea what you’re on about, it’s 05:30, go back to sleep you absolute weirdo.”

Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You know when you have a dream and then when you wake up you’re not 100% sure if it was real or just a dream? I had one last night and dreamt that Lee Carsley was the new manager. I even said to my girlfriend this morning how strange I found it that he’d leave England U21s when he hasn’t really been there that long and thought he’d at least give the Euros a shot next summer.

She replied “I have no idea what you’re on about, it’s 05:30, go back to sleep you absolute weirdo.”

Oh well.

Spooky. 

I also dreamed he was the new manager last night.