Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

I suspect his wages and instalment owed to Arsenal may dictate that .  Wishful thinking on the Neanderthals part in Brum land however that he'll be there after Christmas.  Assuming he's fit I reckon a few teams around the playoffs or in them might fancy a 1.5 million loan outlay with wages is a decent risk to add another body to the ranks.   

23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I suspect his wages and instalment owed to Arsenal may dictate that .  Wishful thinking on the Neanderthals part in Brum land however that he'll be there after Christmas.  Assuming he's fit I reckon a few teams around the playoffs or in them might fancy a 1.5 million loan outlay with wages is a decent risk to add another body to the ranks.   

I think he will be brought back to derby to come play for us.

Not up to speed with a lot at DCFC, no excuse living out of the area I know but having just tuned in to the game tonight I see our Krystian. Having read the thread I probably have all the answers I was looking for. So what was the point of me typing this……none really….. as you were. 
Animated GIF

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

No chance I suspect. We can’t afford his wages or the risk to our business plan if he came back. Also would his wages put us against a FFP limit in league 1?

As we are on agreed business plan with EFL we'd have to clear it all with them first anyway.

If the idea was that we needed him off the wage bill to be able to afford to bring players in but then couldn't find anyone to bring in, then bring him back immediately. Play him in the middle of a back three, bringing the ball out Libero-style and creating play from the back without needing Bird to sit so deep.

Huge fan of his that I am, I still reckon we'd be better off signing a pair of good wingbacks for his fairly massive wages instead though 

11 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

If the idea was that we needed him off the wage bill to be able to afford to bring players in but then couldn't find anyone to bring in, then bring him back immediately. Play him in the middle of a back three, bringing the ball out Libero-style and creating play from the back without needing Bird to sit so deep.

Huge fan of his that I am, I still reckon we'd be better off signing a pair of good wingbacks for his fairly massive wages instead though 

The problem is we can't pay fees. So its doubtful that any really good wingbacks would be available on frees in the January window 

22 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm not so sure about that. He's our player, signed before we went into administration, so the only consideration should be how it would affect our overall wage limit and agreed budget.

I was more referring to potential FFP breaches, I think we'd be OK to bring him back but there might be some future stipulation to reduce the wages.

On 30/10/2022 at 04:59, Simmo’s left foot said:

No chance I suspect. We can’t afford his wages or the risk to our business plan if he came back. Also would his wages put us against a FFP limit in league 1?

From what we've been told we're well-below our business plan expenditure so there is money in the budget. Without the possibility of offering transfer fees then I would guess that a recall post-World Cup for Bielik is our big move. 

He's on what 20/30k a week, with the current crop on circa 8k a week? Is he worth potentially three players worth of wages? I'd much rather recruit a proper right back, competition on the wings and a midfield general than just bring Bielik back. Sure he's class, and would be that general but is he worth potentially using up all the wage pot for one player over three. I'd imagine we couldn't afford to bring him back regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

He's on what 20/30k a week, with the current crop on circa 8k a week? Is he worth potentially three players worth of wages? I'd much rather recruit a proper right back, competition on the wings and a midfield general than just bring Bielik back. Sure he's class, and would be that general but is he worth potentially using up all the wage pot for one player over three. I'd imagine we couldn't afford to bring him back regardless. 

Can you please find and identify this "proper right back" and let us know that it's a free transfer, or loan without a fee. We are very much at the whim of our agreed business plan and if there's room to bring Bielik back then I think he's the only realistic player we can bring in that will really improve us until the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Can you please find and identify this "proper right back" and let us know that it's a free transfer, or loan without a fee. We are very much at the whim of our agreed business plan and if there's room to bring Bielik back then I think he's the only realistic player we can bring in that will really improve us until the end of the season.

Absolutely correct - hopefully he gets to the World Cup and plays and is fantastic and someone wants to pay us a lot of money to sign him so that we could start The managers rebuild - if not we may as well play him