Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hear they’re sacking Dane Murphy as CEO, according to that lot he was a genius, a mastermind behind their recent success and one of the best CEOs around!!! ?

In fairness to him Barnsley got to the playoffs when he was there and Forest got promoted. Won't stop Forest getting rid of him or Cooper though - I'm not going to complain - will just make it more difficult to get promoted ?

51 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A Premier League club being utterly sensible? *and* it's Forest? 

What fresh hell is this?

It's only sensible if things actually pick up, otherwise they'll reach February with a manager out of his depth, a squad in even more of a mess with January additions and, having made such a commitment by giving him a new 5 year contract when he's already under pressure, an inability to change things up for a 'new manager survival boost' without paying out a big sum and looking utterly stupid & the fans turning against them.

This is just doubling down on their transfer window f***-ups, really, especially if that other bloke appointed as sporting director adds to the problems.

...and if it's supposed to be a sign that they'll stick by him no matter what, they're basically admitting that they're resigned to relegation already, which sounds amazing for team morale! They're really going to up their efforts if half of them already think they'll be leaving in the summer to balance the books.

Edited by Kokosnuss

12 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's only sensible if things actually pick up, otherwise they'll reach February with a manager out of his depth, a squad in even more of a mess with January additions and, having made such a commitment by giving him a new 5 year contract when he's already under pressure, an inability to change things up for a 'new manager survival boost' without paying out a big sum and looking utterly stupid & the fans turning against them.

This is just doubling down on their transfer window f***-ups, really, especially if that other bloke appointed as sporting director adds to the problems.

...and if it's supposed to be a sign that they'll stick by him no matter what, they're basically admitting that they're resigned to relegation already, which sounds amazing for team morale! They're really going to up their efforts if half of them already think they'll be leaving in the summer to balance the books.

You can trust Forest not to be able to find the absolutely massive middle ground between sacking a manager and giving him a new and presumably much improved 3 year deal

According to their fans they've been getting worse every game, so I was hoping they'd keep him on at least to the World Cup so they would be further adrift. If they keep losing he will be fired, so this is good as presumably they will have to pay out additional compensation. It's an easy gig being a Premier League manager as you're in a win-win situation when it comes to the money.

Come on the Villa!

Just seems to be such a disconnect and lack of joined up thinking there. Recruitment started clearly with Cooper’s input with the likes of O’Brien and Toffolo but then it went all over the place which was clearly not with his input. He’s been lumped with a vastly bloated squad with players who don’t fit what he wants and it’s heavy in some areas and light in others. Now it gets to this point, and it seems like they’ve realised it and now gave him a contract. I have no doubt they’ll only back track and bin him off if they don’t improve before the World Cup. 

Best way to shut down the rumours is to hand out a new contract.

Given the current position and how the season has started, you would like to think it’s a level of commitment shown regardless of if they go down.

This is Forest though, probably be sacked before Christmas and Cooper walks away with a bigger bag of cash. 

His new contact must have a relegation break clause in it unless they want to splash more of that PL money on paying him off.

I think Cooper's a good manager for what it's worth, but it was going to be a struggle to integrate so many new players.

Think our recruitment during 'that' season was probably worse though ?

1kbUkMm.jpg

Who was Zadkovich?! don't even remember him 

6 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

His new contact must have a relegation break clause in it unless they want to splash more of that PL money on paying him off.

I think Cooper's a good manager for what it's worth, but it was going to be a struggle to integrate so many new players.

1kbUkMm.jpg

Don’t remember any of them, my minds a blank. I highly recommend hypnotism.

Demis:  So, here's what we do... We extend your contract, and quadruple your wage.  We still sack you at Crimbletime, and pay you off.  You then cover all taxes, whilst simultaneously handing half of the wonga back to me... in Greek notes... and in silence... and we each walk away with a smile on our faces, and with our thatched roofs still capable of keeping out the rain.  καταλαβαίνουν?  

Plug:  Erm... yes boss.  Thank you boss.  

37 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

1kbUkMm.jpg

Shudder. Dark, dark days.

Nurse!!