Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

Has he been linked with anyone yet?

Not heard of him training with X or Y. Probably been running round the park I guess but his stock/wage options will be on the wane.

Such a shame. Can’t really be a chore playing for us this season with some other good pro’s and promising youth. Suspect he is having regrets and also sticking pins into a voodoo doll of his agent.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

It seems such a ridiculous position to put himself in. As others have said... state your intention to leave and do it the proper way. I highly doubt we'd have kept him against his will, sensible fee agreed, everyone wins. The current impasse is just utterly senseless and could leave a perfectly good player sitting on his arse watching repeats of homes under the hammer...

Of all the comings and goings of the last few weeks, Byrne's reluctance to sign up, or more particularly the lack of transparency of how he's gone about it particularly saddens me.

He IS too good for Division 1. He could easily hold his own in an upper Championship team, even a lower Premier League side. I just wish he'd not burnt his bridges by ( bad agent advice? ) doing it the way he has.

He's much loved and respected here. Go with our blessing Nathan, but show a bit of class lad.

I still hope we and him can reign it in a bit and classily have a second remarriage.

If not, can we not just end as "friends"?

56 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Has he been linked with anyone yet?

Not heard of him training with X or Y. Probably been running round the park I guess but his stock/wage options will be on the wane.

Such a shame. Can’t really be a chore playing for us this season with some other good pro’s and promising youth. Suspect he is having regrets and also sticking pins into a voodoo doll of his agent.

Think that may be an uncomfortable jog for him the way he's carried on.  More likely playing swing ball in his garden with his agent telling him he loves him and doesn't need any other friends. 

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fair enough. But worth noting that Byrne has a fabulous cross on him, with both feet. If we’d had Derek Dougan in the box two seasons ago he’d have been leading the league in assists 

It took the best part of 2 seasons for him to realise he was crossing the ball to Waghorn, Baldock and Plange rather than Keiffer Moore.

Byrne's Championship best being 1 goal and 8 assists, but his best for us was just 4 assists. Bogle's debut season was 2 goals and 10 assists, and still got 1 goal and 5 assists (6 in all competitions) in a season which we largely struggled.

Bogle was also impacted by having a different RCB next to him every week in that 19/20 season. Keogh, Bielik, Evans, Wisdom, Davies... just not anywhere near enough consistency to work on that partnership. For Byrne's first season it was Wisdom at RCB nearly every week, then last season it was Jagielka or Davies.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It took the best part of 2 seasons for him to realise he was crossing the ball to Waghorn, Baldock and Plange rather than Keiffer Moore.

Byrne's Championship best being 1 goal and 8 assists, but his best for us was just 4 assists. Bogle's debut season was 2 goals and 10 assists, and still got 1 goal and 5 assists (6 in all competitions) in a season which we largely struggled.

Bogle was also impacted by having a different RCB next to him every week in that 19/20 season. Keogh, Bielik, Evans, Wisdom, Davies... just not anywhere near enough consistency to work on that partnership. For Byrne's first season it was Wisdom at RCB nearly every week, then last season it was Jagielka or Davies.

all fair points - the point about partnerships is well taken. But the stats only take you so far. I reckon Byrne makes excellent decisions in possession, better than Bogle, and I don’t think there’s a stat that tests that. In the same way there’s not a stat that shows that Lee Buchanan is a floppy footballer 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn’t that more a reflection of us having better forwards when Bogle was playing? And mason Mount feeding him. Never forget the Wembley match when Mount fed him out right and he smashed it into side netting with waggy and Marriott free in the middle. 

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Classic Nixon, make it sound like he is ITK without actually saying anything.

Except the paying wages - I assume we're paying because he's either under contract or in the month after his contract ends with no other deal?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except the paying wages - I assume we're paying because he's either under contract or in the month after his contract ends with no other deal?

Or this is going to arbitration and for once DCFC are doing the right thing beforehand. By continuing the payments, it can't be argued we're in breach of contract at least. It's already quite noticeable that DC seems to approach 'operational issues' in a rather different manner to MM.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He will be paid unless he is not attending work and is not on any kind of sick leave or any other granted leave of absence