Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

1 hour ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Is Stears signed up?

Wonder if they are waiting for another Feel Good Friday... Kit hasn't been revealed yet either.

Feel good Friday or magic Monday before the first friendly ?

4 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Has davies actually signed yet? and no i wont take dcfchub or tfrfootballs word for it?

we have cashin, chester and stearman signed up, do we really need 4 centre halves in a 21 man squad?

I don't think Stearman has signed up yet. My worry is full backs, no left backs and only Bryne at right back.

12 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Supprising that this hasn't been sorted out yet. I thought Curtis would have been one of the first to be sorted. Wonder what the actual issue is.

There are 2 things it can be. 1. The amount of money and 2. The length of contract. It would appear that the club are only willing to offer 1 year contracts for players of that age and a bit younger. So my guess is Curtis probably thinks he deserves a 2 year contract. Secondly it’s possible that other clubs have offered more money and/or 2 years. So whilst Curtis would almost certainly much rather stay if we can match or get reasonably close to what’s available elsewhere at the moment we clearly haven’t and the negotiations are about getting a better offer from us. My view is that we should go so far but not break the bank. We need to move on and we clearly can

One of my takes is he deserves something to make up for last year on top of what we'd regard his "going rate" this year. Yes it's be an expensive thank you, but last year was a lot of good will to us from Curtis.

The other one is ok, have an option on the second season and the terms of the option are where the negotiation wriggle room is.

Something can be done I'm sure.

I'd be sad if it couldn't be done,but life moves on. After last season he'll have offers (good ones) and we're starting our road back.