Who is in the running to buy Pride Park?

Carl Sagan

Who do you think is buying the ground?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander if Gatsby or Tyson fury or both become investors into derby if so that would help kircher and rooney bring players through the door or help clear some of mel's debts.

And George Clooney

leonardo dicaprio party GIF by Turner Classic Movies

On 17/05/2022 at 21:02, Arsene Titman said:

Ed Dawes said on Radio Derby this evening that he has spoken with the prospective stadium bidder. He wouldn’t , not surprisingly, reveal who it is.

Love Boat Smile GIF

I've said all along we have had too much of this kind of speculation.

In fact, I was only saying that yesterday to my mate who had just flown back from his undercover work in Moscow, on his way to the love nest flat of an  ex-Spice Girl.

Of course he wouldn't say which one, but he was in a rush as he is a Ferrari test driver -  when not doing brain surgery on babies and wrestling alligators.

Fanny merchants.

25 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Prediction or ITK?

Either way, well done.

And it's very good news.

No just a guess. When it was rumoured that it was a local businessman/fan but wasn't one of the LoG (Gadsby, Horton, Kirkland Amott, Marples, (Morris)) then the name that came to mind was Charles Clowes who was linked with a takeover a good 20 years ago. Googling Charles Clowes, took me to Clowes Developments where I could see that Charles was no longer with us, but his son ran a multi million pound company who amongst other things does invest in property!

2+2 sometimes does = 4 it would seem!

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

He’s only gone an bought the Fokker!

According to the Athletic: (seems to be free to read atm?)

"Chris Kirchner’s plan for rescuing Derby County could be about to clear its last big hurdle as local property firm Clowes Developments is close to agreeing a deal for Pride Park Stadium, The Athletic understands.

...yadda yadda yadda (many paragraphs of rehash)

...Clowes has not responded to a request for comment."