Who is in the running to buy Pride Park?

Carl Sagan

Who do you think is buying the ground?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I almost daren’t ask……….does the article say how close it is to being finalised? 
Anyone saying imminently or 48 hours gets a hard Paddington stare!

Let's assume everyone is working to a may 31st deadline and nothing is going to happen significantly before that.

Seems people are confident after the Nixon chatter about we can start offering contracts (still subject to completing the deal)

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to the Athletic: (seems to be free to read atm?)

"Chris Kirchner’s plan for rescuing Derby County could be about to clear its last big hurdle as local property firm Clowes Developments is close to agreeing a deal for Pride Park Stadium, The Athletic understands.

...yadda yadda yadda (many paragraphs of rehash)

...Clowes has not responded to a request for comment."

Yes, I did use a little artistic licence.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Cough cough ?

And third favourite in the poll at close to 14% at the time of writing, after Gadsby at 30% and one of Kirchner's associates at 20%. If it happens I feel it will be good for their to be a local custodian of the ground (even if it felt like that with Mel at one point).

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or not?!

"Derbyshire Live contacted Clowes Developments which said the reports were false. Managing Director Ian Dickinson said: “I haven’t heard anything about it and have no idea what you’re talking about. Things get spread online that sometimes aren’t true.”

Perhaps it's a private purchase by David Clowes, then both the Athletic story & the Derbyshire Live denial have a ring of truth to them.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or not?!

"Derbyshire Live contacted Clowes Developments which said the reports were false. Managing Director Ian Dickinson said: “I haven’t heard anything about it and have no idea what you’re talking about. Things get spread online that sometimes aren’t true.”

Yes Ian but sometimes they are ? 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or not?!

Could it be a personal purchase by David Clowes in which Clowes Developments, his company, has no part in?

8 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Could it be a personal purchase by David Clowes in which Clowes Developments, his company, has no part in?

I think you are right and it could be him buying personally, not under the firms name.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Indeed.

If so, I wonder if he might’ve contacted his colleagues at Clowes and said something like “you might get a call from the DET, just tell them it’s ‘me’ not ‘us’”!  

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not the case though. 

11 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I think you are right and it could be him buying personally, not under the firms name.

Would make some sense not to put it through the main company where he would have to justify any preferential rent to shareholders. 

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If so, I wonder if he might’ve contacted his colleagues at Clowes and said something like “you might get a call from the DET, just tell them it’s ‘me’ not ‘us’”!  

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not the case though. 

Perhaps the simple explanation is,  the person at Clowes, who the DET spoke to, is not privy to personal transactions of David Clowes.

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Perhaps the simple explanation is,  the person at Clowes, who the DET spoke to, is not privy to personal transactions of David Clowes.

Well, yes, which is why I posited that Mr Clowes might have wrung them to let them know they might be contacted by the press. I don’t expect the Clowes official to be psychic.

I think what you mean is that David Clowes might not want the man at Clowes to be privy to his private transactions. A subtle but important difference and a reasonable possibility.