Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

32 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think a lot of people have jumped the gun on this credit Union and what we really need is some comparison to direct debit payments to see the real difference in costs. I suspect there may not be much difference in repayments. I think the figures sound a lot but when the amount borrowed is paid be the interest will be less too. 
I think if some examples or repayment costs were given then people could make a better judgement on it.

There is a cost of £98.19 to borrow £400 - That is very expensive borrowing. It's not quite lender of last resort terms but it's going in that direction. It's not just numbers though, it's a question of whether RamsTrust should be giving out (dodgy) financial advice? It's a question of whether RamsTrust should be recommending a lender with which they have clear and demonstrable interests. If they are savers (the lenders) within that bank then they are (potentially) directly profiting from any additional lending that is generated by their advice - That's bordering something the FCA may be interested in, are they going to share a key facts document to support their advice?!?

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm stunned by the DCB credit union's APR tbh.

I assumed that with stuff like "credit unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not by external shareholders or investors. So the emphasis is always on providing the best service to members – not maximising profits" it meant a 'low' rate. 

But in this case (and looking at other credit union apr's) you have to wonder who is benefitting here.

I think the rates reflect the fact that the people they lend to are “ high risk “. Also I understand they also try to encourage customers to start saving and budgeting if they can so they come off borrowing dependency .

Don’t agree with the Ramstrust statement though. Very misguided at best. 

7 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I think the rates reflect the fact that the people they lend to are “ high risk “. Also I understand they also try to encourage customers to start saving and budgeting if they can so they come off borrowing dependency .

Don’t agree with the Ramstrust statement though. Very misguided at best. 

Doesn't explain why other credit unions (inc a London one) lend at about half the rate.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

TOP TIP:

Lightly coat the new card with a couple of layers of sarcasm.  If you don't have any, I think @G STAR RAM has some going spare.

?

Just checked my season ticket. Glad to report very sturdy plastic. Very dark printing and wonderful font. Basically everything you could ever wish for in a season ticket but I'm not one for gloating.

1 hour ago, Chilwellram said:

Ours have arrived this morning. 
The plastic seems a bit thin and the printing faint in places. 

Mine is the same, jokes aside, I think it will be looking a little tired before too long and not be able to be renewed for the following season. I know that you know which seat is yours, but on occasion you need to 'prove' that it's your seat or you lend your ticket to a friend when you can't make it to a match.

6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Mine is the same, jokes aside, I think it will be looking a little tired before too long and not be able to be renewed for the following season. I know that you know which seat is yours, but on occasion you need to 'prove' that it's your seat or you lend your ticket to a friend when you can't make it to a match.

I have to say that in all the years I’ve been a season ticket holder I have NEVER had to prove I’m in the right seat.

I have renewed my ST but thought we could use last seasons ST card.

Didnt realise we are being sent new ST cards this year.

Taken from confirmation of season ticket renewal email.

Season Ticket Cards

2021/22 Season Ticket cards already issued will be reactivated for the 2022/23 season with new cards only being issued to those supporters either buying a new Season Ticket, changing seat location and/or changing age band. New cards will be posted to the address registered with the Fan ID. There is a Season Ticket FAQ page on our website should you have any other questions.

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I have to say that in all the years I’ve been a season ticket holder I have NEVER had to prove I’m in the right seat.

I have, regular event when I have to remove bemused folk sat in my seat when there are bigger attendances