Tom Barkhuizen - Signed 2 year deal

Dcfcsr92

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think its more likely to be a 200 k agreed or 100 k without.  Not home grown and been here 12 months.

Except we can use the £1m we received from Palace for Plange for (another non home grown player who'd been here 12 months) as evidence that £100k is far too low.

10 hours ago, Magicman said:

The light weight one footed star who has made a couple of goals in 18 matches versus a experience pro used to making & scoring goals. Says more about the classic ' rose tinted "  syndrome . 

Barkhuizen didn't score in any of his 14 appearances last season.

12 hours ago, Magicman said:

The light weight one footed star who has made a couple of goals in 18 matches versus a experience pro used to making & scoring goals. Says more about the classic ' rose tinted "  syndrome . 

Go Away Reaction GIF by Travis    WUM

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sean said:

Deal on the table according to Nixon, on hold because of the takeover situation

Very good signing, hopefully he is willing to wait abit for the takeover. Can still come for preseason like others did last summer

21 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Very good signing, hopefully he is willing to wait abit for the takeover. Can still come for preseason like others did last summer

This issue, as with the CB from Rotherham, is that the longer it goes into preseason these players risk missing out on going through preseason training with a team they may end up signing for. There’s no guarantees they will sign the deals on the table, as we may not be able to for months still.

Whereas Curtis has an affinity with the club and will hopefully wait around (family settled etc) another player could understandably move elsewhere if it drags on too long!

I want to be optimistic, but it’s soo difficult in the clubs current state.

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

This issue, as with the CB from Rotherham, is that the longer it goes into preseason these players risk missing out on going through preseason training with a team they may end up signing for. There’s no guarantees they will sign the deals on the table, as we may not be able to for months still.

Whereas Curtis has an affinity with the club and will hopefully wait around (family settled etc) another player could understandably move elsewhere if it drags on too long!

I want to be optimistic, but it’s soo difficult in the clubs current state.

I get what you're saying, he could end up going elsewhere like Aluko/Carroll or waiting & joining us like Jagielka/Stearman/Morrison

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, alram said:

he is the only one I want from the ones we have been linked with

he is still at an age where we can rely on him for a decent amount of time.

Him and Hourihane for me Alram. 

I know we can’t be overly choosy, but not bothered about Chester or NML.

At last we are talking about players and it is gonna be interesting as feel we will be linked with lots of names.

Jist hope we don’t become that last year or so’s ‘pay day’ for some players. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

2 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Him and Hourihane for me Alram. 

I know we can’t be overly choosy, but not bothered about Chester or NML.

At last we are talking about players and it is gonna be interesting as feel we will be linked with lots of names.

Jist hope we don’t become that last year or so’s ‘pay day’ for some players. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

Me too.

Chester would be okay but nothing exciting.

Not been impressed by NML for a few years now.

Hoping to see some younger names for balance and I haven’t seen a name yet which makes me think of an abundance of goals.

Just glad we look like we might have eleven for the first game ?

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Me too.

Chester would be okay but nothing exciting.

Not been impressed by NML for a few years now.

Hoping to see some younger names for balance and I haven’t seen a name yet which makes me think of an abundance of goals.

Just glad we look like we might have eleven for the first game ?

Totally agree ?