Tom Barkhuizen - Signed 2 year deal

Dcfcsr92

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

They signed Flint & Jagielka and also have Harry Souttar and Ben Wilmot as recognised CBs (although how good the latter two are I don't know). 

Plus he's had some injury problems. 

Think Souttar has PL suitors. I think he will be a good signing for League 1 but when I have seen him he has never been outstanding and a bit on the short side for a centre half…

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think Souttar has PL suitors. I think he will be a good signing for League 1 but when I have seen him he has never been outstanding and a bit on the short side for a centre half…

Just seen that Souttar did his ACL in November and hasn't played since , so I imagine he'll still be at Stoke until January at least. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Him and Hourihane for me Alram. 

I know we can’t be overly choosy, but not bothered about Chester or NML.

At last we are talking about players and it is gonna be interesting as feel we will be linked with lots of names.

Jist hope we don’t become that last year or so’s ‘pay day’ for some players. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

dead right gangway we need to be careful. Old out of contract players will be ringing us up now with pound signs in their eyes. I too will be happy with the 2 mentioned if they are the only 2.

smart and clever recruitment is needed with hungry players.

Edited by alram

42 minutes ago, alram said:

dead right gangway we need to be careful. Old out of contract players will be ringing us up now with pound signs in their eyes. I too will be happy with the 2 mentioned if they are the only 2.

smart and clever recruitment is needed with hungry players.

Apparently the players canteen is pretty decent ?

Every signing will have to be approved by the EFL to ensure it meets their criteria. There isn't going to be any "old, out of contract players, ringing us up with pound signs in their eyes" and, even if there was, we're allowed to say no. There's a maximum wage we're allowed to pay, a maximum overall % of revenue, and strict conditions about squad size, fees etc, so we can neither recruit too many players nor recruit any players on disproportionate wages. It will be very hard for us to recruit the type of player you're calling for unless they're out of contract, and that's a fairly limited pool.

I'm not sure what it is you're not getting about the transfer restrictions, but your constant mithering since the take-over was confirmed is really starting to grate. Have a weekend off, eh?

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Every signing will have to be approved by the EFL to ensure it meets their criteria. There isn't going to be any "old, out of contract players, ringing us up with pound signs in their eyes" and, even if there was, we're allowed to say no. There's a maximum wage we're allowed to pay, a maximum overall % of revenue, and strict conditions about squad size, fees etc, so we can neither recruit too many players nor recruit any players on disproportionate wages. It will be very hard for us to recruit the type of player you're calling for unless they're out of contract, and that's a fairly limited pool.

I'm not sure what it is you're not getting about the transfer restrictions, but your constant mithering since the take-over was confirmed is really starting to grate. Have a weekend off, eh?

Being slightly pedantic, isn’t it a maximum AVERAGE wage? Which would mean we can sign players on higher wages but need to balance them with ones on lower ones. 

32 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Being slightly pedantic, isn’t it a maximum AVERAGE wage? Which would mean we can sign players on higher wages but need to balance them with ones on lower ones. 

I don't think we've yet seen the detail of the business plan restrictions, but allowing a club exiting administration in League 1 to sign players on, say, £1M+ p.a contracts would seem to fly in the face of the EFL's desire for sustainability. Hopefully, those restriction will become clearer in the coming days. You may well be right.