Tom Barkhuizen - Signed 2 year deal

Dcfcsr92

1 minute ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Only gets my attention if he answers the question.

Preferring Barkhuizen to Ebiowei is fair enough but at least back it up by explaining why.

I guess you could argue that Barkhuizen has proved he can score goals.

I would say Ebiowei has the potential to be a better player but we have to accept we are in a poor bargaining position and that these guys play football for a living, not out of loyalty.

The transfer window will be upsetting at times, as with all change, but we as fans have to roll with the punches and get behind whoever wears the shirt come July 30th.

42 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Only gets my attention if he answers the question.

Preferring Barkhuizen to Ebiowei is fair enough but at least back it up by explaining why.

You can check his profile if you can be arsed, but I'd advise not wasting your time. FWIW, he's regularly stated he believes the player to be 'massively overrated, one-footed with zero end-product and poor decision making'.

Ah, seems I've saved you the trouble! ?‍♀️

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Ebiowei is at his 3 club already ... he will move for the money & bling. 

Not necessarily - he's getting a chance to play in the first team with us - something that he's not had at his previous clubs....If a move to Palace will guarantee a loan to the Chamionship and the opportunity to start ganes, I'm sure that would be attractive to him, but I'm not sure he'd go just for the money - not if he wants to develop as a player....

He's a London lad who's family, and probably most of his friends, are still based there.

Whilst I'd love him to stay you can't knock the lad if he goes to Palace, never mind the fact it's a PL club who will be offering him a bigger wage.

I view it the same as I did with Plange, we signed them both on frees less than a year ago, if we get another £1m by tribunal out of an Ebiowei transfer then I'm not really sure we should be complaining, it's not like he's a player developed for years by our own Academy.

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

He's a London lad who's family, and probably most of his friends, are still based there.

Whilst I'd love him to stay you can't knock the lad if he goes to Palace, never mind the fact it's a PL club who will be offering him a bigger wage.

I view it the same as I did with Plange, we signed them both on frees less than a year ago, if we get another £1m by tribunal out of an Ebiowei transfer then I'm not really sure we should be complaining, it's not like he's a player developed for years by our own Academy.

Well he worth more than a 1m mate if we get sign new contract we can put on 10m release clause in his contract.

59 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Ebiowei is at his 3 club already ... he will move for the money & bling. 

What part of his personality has made you draw that conclusion. He was released by his previous 2 clubs. He didn't choose to leave, he was told he wasn't good enough and told to leave.

Why bling? Where has that come from? Or are we a sun journalist writing about Sterling?

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Oh dear. That comment is a bit more revealing than you meant it to be. About you of course, not the player. 

The light weight one footed star who has made a couple of goals in 18 matches versus a experience pro used to making & scoring goals. Says more about the classic ' rose tinted "  syndrome . 

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

The light weight one footed star who has made a couple of goals in 18 matches versus a experience pro used to making & scoring goals. Says more about the classic ' rose tinted "  syndrome . 

Clearly you haven’t watched the lad much 

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

I think its more likely to be a 200 k agreed or 100 k without.  Not home grown and been here 12 months.

Not sure about Tom Barkhuizen.  His name sounds very much like the kind I used to find on DJ's playing Dutch Gabba Techno illegally in a field circa 1991.  We don't need that kind of influence on a team full of 16 year olds.