Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

On 30/07/2022 at 18:33, Ram Logan Josh said:

The first 10 pages of this topic are full of "Chris this", "Chris that".  In the following 17 pages, since the first week in May, there's not a single post that refers to him as Chris.  It's all CK or Kirchner.

Hardly surprising. Shyster.

You had to go and spoil it dint ya Sad Baby GIF

On 30/07/2022 at 11:33, kevinhectoring said:

Fair comment

I was alluding to the fact that most derby fans had no concerns about the dodgy combination of stretford and CK, and no concerns that stretford and Rooney had in effect picked the PB. But with hindsight we had a lucky escape. Regulators don’t have 20:20 vision either 

I think Rooney was left embarrassed by all this and it was a major factor in him exiting stage left. He'd have the media all over him if he had stayed and all this came out.  

52 minutes ago, sage said:

I think Rooney was left embarrassed by all this and it was a major factor in him exiting stage left. He'd have the media all over him if he had stayed and all this came out.  

Because Rooney has never been embarrassed by the media before? At all? 

More likely as Liam suggested he'd had enough of the stress - he carried the whole Club for a long period. Can't blame him for wanting an easier life, it's not like we were ever going to be his 'last stop' in management.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

More likely as Liam suggested he'd had enough of the stress - he carried the whole Club for a long period. Can't blame him for wanting an easier life, it's not like we were ever going to be his 'last stop' in management.

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It wouldn't have been a case of him being embarrassed by the media as much as being embarrassed by Kirchner. He'd made it pretty clear he was frustrated when Kirchner dropped out previously and that he'd been fully on board with Kirchner's plans. I think he was angry and embarrassed that he'd been duped. If he was raring to go with Kirchner at the helm, he obviously wasn't concerned about the stress of carrying the club. Under Clowes, he clearly wouldn't be carrying the club anyway. I think therefore he decided he needed to distance himself from the situation and have a fresh start. 

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It wouldn't have been a case of him being embarrassed by the media as much as being embarrassed by Kirchner. He'd made it pretty clear he was frustrated when Kirchner dropped out previously and that he'd been fully on board with Kirchner's plans. I think he was angry and embarrassed that he'd been duped. If he was raring to go with Kirchner at the helm, he obviously wasn't concerned about the stress of carrying the club. Under Clowes, he clearly wouldn't be carrying the club anyway. I think therefore he decided he needed to distance himself from the situation and have a fresh start. 

The stress of carrying the Club was owing to it being in admin with no owner and no funds except that raised by the admin! That stress would be removed by CK buying us. When Rooney had made up his mind was before Clowes owned us - why might he not think things wouldn't be straightforward in that process either - he'd only been through 3 potential owners before him?! 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The stress of carrying the Club was owing to it being in admin with no owner and no funds except that raised by the admin! That stress would be removed by CK buying us. When Rooney had made up his mind was before Clowes owned us - why might he not think things wouldn't be straightforward in that process either - he'd only been through 3 potential owners before him?! 

I agree that the timing of his decision may have preceded confirmation Clowes' PB status, and it's possible that he was unwilling to reconsider. He may also have felt it was in the best interests of the club too, financially. Or he may have realised Clowes was unlikely to match the new Contract that Billy BS had promised him. It was likely a combination of factors, but I just don't buy the idea that he couldn't face the stress of the challenge, even if it stands as a plausible reason. 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree that the timing of his decision may have preceded confirmation Clowes' PB status, and it's possible that he was unwilling to reconsider. He may also have felt it was in the best interests of the club too, financially. Or he may have realised Clowes was unlikely to match the new Contract that Billy BS had promised him. It was likely a combination of factors, but I just don't buy the idea that he couldn't face the stress of the challenge, even if it stands as a plausible reason. 

Was WR talking to DC United before David Clowes took over?, If yes...then he's not a person imo that would go back on his word, I don't think he was duped by CK, Stretford was duped...twice, Once to go down the route of new owner, 2nd to spunk up £1.6m, Stretford would have had the false information and he passed all onto WR, WR was just a person that was strung along with promises as we were, WR has now got a clear hand, Colleen walks away with her character intact and he starts a new job once he'd got his work visa...won 2-1.

I THINK as we all are, WR had had his fill of all this crap, Triple S had their pants pulled down, WR was informed and asked for his contract release, It's all worked out for the best, No more WRs Derby County, DCFC are in the hands of a lifelong Fan who's saying the things that we all like, Our soon to be permanent Manager? his off field actions has ticked more boxes than Michael Miles, We have close on 20k STs sold and we're pi$$ing off other teams as we're still "cheating" and I love it Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL 

Looking at what has happened across the pond with Slyncio and Kirchner since he pulled out of the deal to buy DCFC, it looks nailed on that we dodged a bullet. My own thoughts are that he was looking to do a Glazier on us. Buy the club and then lump all the debt incurred in the purchase, including the purchase price and other costs like lawyers, accountants, travel, hotels....... in order to put that money back into the slyncio account he had taken it from. He would be in the clear and DCFC would have been saddled with more debt..... and probably liquidation. His lawyers and accountants will more than likely not get paid.

15 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Looking at what has happened across the pond with Slyncio and Kirchner since he pulled out of the deal to buy DCFC, it looks nailed on that we dodged a bullet. My own thoughts are that he was looking to do a Glazier on us. Buy the club and then lump all the debt incurred in the purchase, including the purchase price and other costs like lawyers, accountants, travel, hotels....... in order to put that money back into the slyncio account he had taken it from. He would be in the clear and DCFC would have been saddled with more debt..... and probably liquidation. His lawyers and accountants will more than likely not get paid.

I'm still not sure how he could have actually done that, given that we wouldn't have owned the stadium and we would have had no real assets to secure any borrowing against.  I have no doubt he would have paid the minimum up-front possible, and we'd have been paying off the remaining Morris-era debts for years to come, from the club's budget.  But the only way I can make any sense of it, is that he basically just wanted to check "owns a football club" off his fantasy bucket-list, and we were the most easily obtainable at the time.

My own gut feeling is that it wouldn't have actually been that bad.  I don't think he could have saddled us with debt that easily, given the not-owning-a-stadium issue, and the EFL enforced budget. So I suspect we'd have toddled along for a few years, living within our means and gradually paying off the remaining debts, and then he'd have got bored (or got found out) and we'd have been sold on again.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm still not sure how he could have actually done that, given that we wouldn't have owned the stadium and we would have had no real assets to secure any borrowing against.  I have no doubt he would have paid the minimum up-front possible, and we'd have been paying off the remaining Morris-era debts for years to come, from the club's budget.  But the only way I can make any sense of it, is that he basically just wanted to check "owns a football club" off his fantasy bucket-list, and we were the most easily obtainable at the time.

My own gut feeling is that it wouldn't have actually been that bad.  I don't think he could have saddled us with debt that easily, given the not-owning-a-stadium issue, and the EFL enforced budget. So I suspect we'd have toddled along for a few years, living within our means and gradually paying off the remaining debts, and then he'd have got bored (or got found out) and we'd have been sold on again.

You may be right. We'll probably never know.

6 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I keep thinking back to the Stanford debacle.  

He just kept leveraging and raising the stakes with regard to everything he had. Just made no sense, except to a narcissist who just wanted 'stuff' to impress people. He could much more quietly gone about things to keep himself safer for longer... but the arrogance/showmanship that got him some success in the first place just needed constantly feeding. Plus having expensive unnecessary 'stuff' just convinces people you must have money....it feeds itself. 

Then I think about all the chat about CK's private jet, his vagueness about money, his hob-nobbing at golf tournaments...the parallels are definitely there...

Maybe in this case we will find out...

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

He just kept leveraging and raising the stakes with regard to everything he had. Just made no sense, except to a narcissist who just wanted 'stuff' to impress people. He could much more quietly gone about things to keep himself safer for longer... but the arrogance/showmanship that got him some success in the first place just needed constantly feeding. Plus having expensive unnecessary 'stuff' just convinces people you must have money....it feeds itself. 

Then I think about all the chat about CK's private jet, his vagueness about money, his hob-nobbing at golf tournaments...the parallels are definitely there...

Reminds me of the guy who created Fyre Festival in this regard. A delusional, narcissistic con artist, it's a dangerous combo

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

You may be right. We'll probably never know.