MPs meet Quantuma update tweet 19/01

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still don't understand why nowhere in that thread the EFL ignoring the new Insolvency Act rules is referred to.

Unless it's part of the football creditor thing? I really don't see how enough pressure can be bought on them to make a decision.

Fair point, but I like 5) AH also discussed the deal that EFL did with MFC to prevent the EFL being sued for failing to regulate DCFC, which paved the way for MFC action against DCFC. EFL clearly have questions to answer on their handling of that and of other previous transgressions of FFP.

be a 'football debt' but without that clarification the potential claims are almost as big as the entire value of the club and no creditor will take on that risk”

things are looking grim……I’m afraid by the looks of it our fate lies in the hands of Gibson.

to quote Margaret Beckett from yesterday.

“I assure him, and through him the Football League, that if, inadvertently—because the Football League is unable to remove the obstacles that at the moment it appears to be putting so firmly in Derby County’s way—that were to happen, none of those participating in it would be forgiven.”

There is potentially a get out of jail (and save a small amount of face) for both the EFL and the two ambulance Chasers - if the EFL announce that they have reviewed the rules in relation to the law changing and that they have also reviewed the claims from the 2 chancers, they can then legimately say that they've told the 2 that their claims shouldn't be treated as football debts and so they will need to go to court to make their claims.

That paves the way for the PB to be announced while making the EFL look as if they've taken decisive action and still gives the scumbags a chance to press their claims (even though in reality both will realise they have virtaually no chance of success in a law court as opposed to the EFL kangaroo court they hope to appear in.....). No-one is having to publicly back down and the Rams can be saved....

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Fair point, but I like 5) AH also discussed the deal that EFL did with MFC to prevent the EFL being sued for failing to regulate DCFC, which paved the way for MFC action against DCFC. EFL clearly have questions to answer on their handling of that and of other previous transgressions of FFP.

Yeah I liked that, but I didn't see a way out highlighted anywhere. I just cannot see how the EFL can be forced to decide on Boro/Wycombe football creditor or not. I still think the Insolvency Act and basically ditching them as creditors is the way to go. Or can that 'ditching' only occur if they are not football creditors?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I liked that, but I didn't see a way out highlighted anywhere. I just cannot see how the EFL can be allowed to decide on Boro/Wycombe football creditor or not. I still think the Insolvency Act and basically ditching them as creditors is the way to go. Or can that 'ditching' only occur if they are not football creditors?

FTFY

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I liked that, but I didn't see a way out highlighted anywhere. I just cannot see how the EFL can be forced to decide on Boro/Wycombe football creditor or not. I still think the Insolvency Act and basically ditching them as creditors is the way to go. Or can that 'ditching' only occur if they are not football creditors?

It clearly highlights that the way out is in the EFL’s hands. And it’s a really simple one that they could enact tomorrow. “We’ve had a look at it, these cases wouldn’t be classed as football creditors, move on.”

if the fact is that, without this intervention, liquidation is the only possibility, and Boro and EFL have both made statements saying that liquidation of Derby county is not on the agenda, and MPs have said that would be an unforgivable outcome, then surely the EFL have to just do that. 

Id be very disappointed if the meeting with the MPs and EFL doesn’t simply go “you have it in your power to stop this, get it done, or this review we’re doing won’t just lead to independent oversight, which is a date you’ve already sealed with your incompleteness, it’ll lead to the eradication of the EFL as an organisation, and the loss of all your jobs. And you can go sign on at the Derby Job Centre, where you can rub shoulders with all the DCFC staff you’ve put out of work.”

Officially starting to panic now after reading that.

Boro and Wycombe aren't going to back down (bankers)

EFL don't care about our history and will happily make an example of us. They will be glad to be rid of us.

Only hope is that PB throws caution to the wind and decides to buy the club and take them both on (very slim chance)

I don't know where we go from here.

5 minutes ago, AGR said:

Officially starting to panic now after reading that. Boro and Wycombe aren't going to back down (bankers)

EFL don't care about our history and will happily make an example of us. They will be glad to be rid of us. Only hope is that PB throws caution to the wind and decides to buy the club and take them both on (very slim chance)

Me either. Depressed. Have officially started to panic. #COYR

Slight chink of light, hopefully funds and more time... (at 2:55m in the interview)

Edited by RoyMac5

5/ AH also discussed the deal that EFL did with MFC to prevent the EFL being sued for failing to regulate DCFC, which paved the way for MFC action against DCFC. EFL clearly have questions to answer on their handling of that and of other previous transgressions of FFP.

If the EFL ‘cut a deal’ with MFC, they must have thought they potentially had some liability.

On that basis, the administrators should sue the EFL, for not regulating Villa and QPR properly, thus denying us a chance of Premier League football. Maybe that would speed matters up a bit!

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

Officially starting to panic now after reading that.

Boro and Wycombe aren't going to back down (bankers)

EFL don't care about our history and will happily make an example of us. They will be glad to be rid of us.

Only hope is that PB throws caution to the wind and decides to buy the club and take them both on (very slim chance)

The EFL will not make an example of us, because the backlash in doing so would be too great. If you allow a club the size of Derby to go under despite multiple buyers being happy to purchase us, then the EFL knows there would be severe consequences for them. 

25 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Agree. This is the aboslute shocker. How are Boro and Gibson able to get away with that blackmailing the EFL . And worse EFL sacrificing Derby to save their own skins and to cover their own failings. Amortiisation method came in 2016. If it was wrong then why did it take til January 2020 to charge Derby for it? Why not simply say it was wrong then? Boro should be suing EFL and EFL should not be passing the bill to the Rams.     

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If the sports minister steps in and privately says to the EFL "you simply cannot let this club be liquidated" it will take a massive amount of arrogance for them to let us fold anyway.

They have Rick parry in charge. That's the problem.

5 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

5/ AH also discussed the deal that EFL did with MFC to prevent the EFL being sued for failing to regulate DCFC, which paved the way for MFC action against DCFC. EFL clearly have questions to answer on their handling of that and of other previous transgressions of FFP.

If the EFL ‘cut a deal’ with MFC, they must have thought they potentially had some liability.

On that basis, the administrators should sue the EFL, for not regulating Villa and QPR properly, thus denying us a chance of Premier League football. Maybe that would speed matters up a bit!

And sue the  EFL for not regulating us properly. In 2016 when the amortsiation method came in, and now when they don't even understand their own footbal creditor rule.