MPs meet Quantuma update tweet 19/01

RoyMac5

I felt deflated after reading that Twitter update but after a few deep breaths so far as i can tell nothing came out of that meeting that we didn't already know. Admin have just reiterated the stumbling blocks. 

It is clear and obvious our fate lies in the hands of the EFL. Pressure pressure pressure, they need to be leant on a lot more. 

I know the above is probably quite obvious to many who read it but understand me coming on here and writing my thoughts is a form of therapy and makes me feel part of the effort all fans are putting in.

Edited by LauraH

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It seems the Admins were working along the lines of monies owed to any successful claim by Boro and/or Wycombe would be non-secured, non-footballing debt.

The EFL, for whatever reason, will not let that happen as it stands - as they are refusing to rule in either direction.

Think the arguement is along the lines if a result had been achieved any monies would have been a football debt. If the EFL say it now is not they are frightened of Gibson suing them for not getting it resolved quickly enough, hence all the dates in the Boro press release

I wasn’t upset at reading all that and not surprised either - how can the EFL board sit there and not resign immediately - threatened by a member in Middlesbrough to be sued for apparently not doing their job so what do the EFL do - please don’t sue us you should sue Derby a fellow member club who they are supposed to be looking after and the EFL won’t stand in your way and they will help it happen even if it means liquidation for Derby but don’t sue us the EFL - absolute disgrace!

The EFL can make this stop right now and those politicians should be going right for jugular as Derby county have been set up to be humiliated and probably liquidated by deliberate actions of the governing body and the Middlesbrough parasite. 

There simply must be legal action against these individuals for their conduct.

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No disrespect to Bury, but they’re not Derby. Did you not here parliament yesterday? The storm is coming. 

That is total disrespect though sorry. Bury would be as important to all of their fans and its place in their lives as Derby is to us. That is what this is about. We must not forget that esp how their MP spoke so eloquently to help us yesterday

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The tweets say that Quantuma reckon there just isn’t enough value in the squad, even if they sold every last player. So there is no point even going done that route, cos you just end up devaluing the squad. 

maybe that’s why they sold shinnie for a song. If every player is worth just £30k, then we’ll be lucky to make a million, and leave ourselves enough players to field an eligible team. 

So perhaps that is why Shinnie went for £30k. 

13 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

But where was the storm when Bury were kicked out? They don’t care 

The EFL also announced an independent review of EFL regulations concerning the financial sustainability of member clubs, which in February 2020 concluded that any additional EFL action "would not have made any difference to the eventual outcome" – "a lack of owner funding" ultimately caused Bury's demise, exacerbated by excessive wages paid to players under Day's chairmanship.

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

From the tweet thread of Perkins it seems like player sales would be insufficient to meet the running costs so that does make it more clear. I think what has muddied the water is Perkins reporting that threat of liquidation looks likely if we cannot exit administration but the council leader saying they seemed confident of providing proof of funds by the 1st of feb. I think one of these accounts is correct and  one is incorrect. Given the mess we're in I don't know what to think. 

That makes no sense to me if you combine sales with wages saved.  Unless that 5 million doesn't include football creditors payments due. They saved circa 500k at the weekend so thats 4.5.  Lawrence goes for 250k and 500 k in wages.  The other fees for  Sibley/Knight plus wages.  etc

It's a football league:

noun

a collection of people, countries, or groups that combine for mutual protection or cooperation.

Whilst I appreciate that MFC could say our previous owners didn't stick to that, we've already been punished by the governing body but they are now only punishing the fans as the previous owners have moved on. If MFC sued Mel (difficult I know but you know what I mean) then I can understand it's personal, etc but by taking this action against the remnants of the club they are definitely breaking the principle of the league albeit not in law (any Company can sue another for reasons it sees fit). 

The EFL are screwing it up by saying these are debts when clearly they're not.

Silverlinings? Not many but it makes for a fruity game if we ever play them again!

If I was a buyer I'd be tempted to buy us out of liquidation and build from the bottom.  We'd still get 15,000 playing against Wealstone Rangers! It'll be a laugh going back up the leagues again a la Rangers. Yes, I'm grasping for positives!

Would be nice if we got some support from the wider footballing family.

I.E  Other club chairmen and owners stepping up and saying to Boro and WW see this through and let Derby get liquidated and that will be the end of sales and transfers for your clubs etc etc.

But we know that would never happen.

The silence from MSM sports news regarding the whole situation is what makes it more frightening.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That makes no sense to me if you combine sales with wages saved.  Unless that 5 million doesn't include football creditors payments due. They saved circa 500k at the weekend so thats 4.5.  Lawrence goes for 250k and 500 k in wages.  The other fees for  Sibley/Knight plus wages.  etc

I think it does make sense if you think about  our situation what sort of fees we'd get. At this point the wages for the playing staff must be pretty damn low and if we need to raise between 8-10 million and keep a bare bones playing staff together then the options must be pretty limited. I've no idea if this is accurate either but would selling player assets affect the value of the club that could then cause problems with potential bidders? 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

I think it does make sense if you think about  our situation what sort of fees we'd get. At this point the wages for the playing staff must be pretty damn low and if we need to raise between 8-10 million and keep a bare bones playing staff together then the options must be pretty limited. I've no idea if this is accurate either but would selling player assets affect the value of the club that could then cause problems with potential bidders? 

That would be a different figure to the one I initially heard but it may have increased.  5 is certainly achievable, 10 is a push. 

30 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

The silence from MSM sports news regarding the whole situation is what makes it more frightening.

This is one of the saddest things about the whole situation. The sports headlines are about Premier League covid game cancellations whilst a founding member of the league could have its existence cancelled. 

If it isn't Premier League, you may as well not exist. 

Anyway, I've got more important things to be concerned about such as Paul Pogba's contract extension. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The EFL will not make an example of us, because the backlash in doing so would be too great. If you allow a club the size of Derby to go under despite multiple buyers being happy to purchase us, then the EFL knows there would be severe consequences for them. 

This has a high level of logic to it. I hope you are right.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

That is total disrespect though sorry. Bury would be as important to all of their fans and its place in their lives as Derby is to us. That is what this is about. We must not forget that esp how their MP spoke so eloquently to help us yesterday

Totally agree, but what I mean is, outside of bury, no one would care. Derby has a bigger profile, we’re still not a Liverpool or a Man Utd, but we are a bigger city, and a bigger club. No one bar the bury fans has really noticed their disappearance. People will notice when Derby disappears.

It’s sad to say, but it’s like 100’s of nameless people dying of coronavirus and no one takes any notice, but Tom hanks gets it, and suddenly the world takes notice.

not maybe I’ve got black and white tinted glasses on, and after a couple of weeks no one will care and we’ll be back to normal til the next club gets ducked.