Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

Just another point but today we really missed Shinnie, Jagielka and Forsyth. Shinnie for his combative nature in the middle as they dominated in there, but I think when you have Jags and Fozzy in there you can be more flexible with formations. I don’t think we could go there at the back today like we have done previously so when Forest have the flexibility to change their formation we had no response.

This set of players and management are performing near miracles, but as has said, we have lost too many aside being able to field 11 players.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes terrible that but the idiot one was having a go also

This is not a Pop at you CBR, This is a local Derby, Emotions are running high in the changing room BEFORE the game, You're going to get different characters who want to get involved, Then there will be those that will pull players away from each other, Wise heads, If I was the Manager of either team i'd want that fire in their bellies.

Colbeck the ginger haired one would have lasted around 5 minutes if he'd have played against me on the Racecourse(local parks pitches) back in the day, The one with an attitude puts himself in harms way, Unfortunately in todays game, It's who can feign injury the best...Pah!

55 minutes ago, GenBr said:

To be honest its hard to get as wound up by a defeat to forest as it used to be. Bigger problems facing the club atm. Hopefully weve got more than one game left

Yeah, I’m not that arsed to be honest. I think I’ve only got room for a limited amount of hate in my heart, and right now it’s reserved for Boro. If today was feisty, in a couple of weeks, up in smug town, it’s going to be off the rails. 

Well that was a tough watch. Thought the Derby fans today were impeccable. Brilliant support for the team. Yeah we weren’t great today at times but it’s hard to criticise, we’re a club that’s been cut off at the knees yet we’re still fighting and giving everyone a game. Notts deserved to win because of some major luck and vastly larger resources. We’re pushing these lads hard, it was too far for Thompson today we could’ve done with Shinnie. Goals change games and we had a massive chance at 0-0 and were unlucky with another one at 1-0. Grabban being sent off as he should’ve been could’ve been pivotal. 

We move onto bigger battles ahead as we fight to ensure our very existence and pull off the great escape. But be proud of being Derby, be proud of Rooney and the players. It could be worse. We could be Forest. 27000 red dogs and until they scored if you took away the Derby fans you would’ve heard a pin drop. After waving the Money and all that they could’ve been raucous they could’ve drowned us out, they were pitiful.  An absolute embarrassment and an example how not to support your club. 

We fight to the end ?????????????????????

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hmmm only saw it once. Was the lifting of his foot what I thought was a flick or was there something before that?

Maybe not anything. And I actually though Sibley kept control fairly well until their player swung around his neck!

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Yeah, I’m not that arsed to be honest. I think I’ve only got room for a limited amount of hate in my heart, and right now it’s reserved for Boro. If today was feisty, in a couple of weeks, up in smug town, it’s going to be off the rails. 

Spot on Tiger, After 55 years of hatred/dislike of the Dogs, My Ire is now directed to those in Cleveland, As today was? when WW lost to Morecambe

5 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

To me, his hair is as red as my son’s skin is dark.  When I hear ginger this ginger that, I hear/read this as racist ?‍♂️

It’s not actually racist though, is it? And to hear this false equivalence is actually quite insulting to those of us that have to endure actual racism. 

Sure we could lay off the personal insults, but this isn’t racism. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hmmm only saw it once. Was the lifting of his foot what I thought was a flick or was there something before that?

Maybe not anything. And I actually though Sibley kept control fairly well until their player swung around his neck!

I think that was it. Sibley glances his foot n colback’s shoulder as he steps round him, and that prat makes out he’s been stamped on.