Frank Fielding

Kernow

20 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Why do we need a replacement for a player that was surplus to requirements? Unless Roos goes as well then we have sufficient cover in the goalkeeping department.......

Who goes on the bench if one of Allsop and Roos are injured? Foulkes is ineligible due to restrictions when we signed him for the U23s, leaving us with just the U18 keepers as options.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who goes on the bench if one of Allsop and Roos are injured? Foulkes is ineligible due to restrictions when we signed him for the U23s, leaving us with just the U18 keepers as options.

But realistically do we need 3 keepers? Chances of both Allsop and Roos being injured/suspended at the same time are so remote. Marshall has been 3rd keeper all season and hasn't stepped foot on the pitch. Likewise when Roos/Marshall were Nos 1 and 2, we never saw the third keeper play. Weighed up against our financial position and how we can operate in the market, it doesn't make much sense to me. 

Think we have to have three keepers per the rules right?*

Its fair to say Fielding has been less than impressive in recent years. But he will hopefully never play. Essentially we've just swapped Marshall's wages for Fieldings, and I assume Fielding's are less.

*That said, not sure why the u23 keeper can't be registered as a first teamer.

Edited by RamsFan10

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Maybe we could sign both Frank Fielding and Adam Legzdins just in time for Forest away?

Yes. What’s Russell Anderson up to?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I really don’t see the problem with only having Roos and Allsop - if injuries and suspension bites you are allowed to bring one in from anywhere at any time under the rules aren’t we ?

Well, I didnt see that coming!

I suppose the logic is that FF will be on significantly less than Marshall and so the squad is not weaker (well, it is because Marshall is a better keeper, but pointless him being here and not playing) and we save some cash. Still seems very odd though - it really raises more questions than answers (why do we need a third keeper, why not the u23 keeper, will this stop us getting anybody else in, are we even allowed to sign him, etc etc)