Frank Fielding

Kernow

Surely letting Marshall go now allows the U23 keeper to be in the squad therefore reducing our wage bill and maintaining three keepers.

Absolute joke if this is not allowed. Maybe we should formally release him and immediately sign him?

Has the world gone mad or is it just me?

22 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Surely letting Marshall go now allows the U23 keeper to be in the squad therefore reducing our wage bill and maintaining three keepers.

Absolute joke if this is not allowed. Maybe we should formally release him and immediately sign him?

Has the world gone mad or is it just me?

Absolutely. Why would be allowed to sign a new keeper (creating an additional wage burden), but not 'upgrade' an existing keeper we're already paying?

4 hours ago, LazloW said:

Well, I didnt see that coming!

I suppose the logic is that FF will be on significantly less than Marshall and so the squad is not weaker (well, it is because Marshall is a better keeper, but pointless him being here and not playing) and we save some cash. Still seems very odd though - it really raises more questions than answers (why do we need a third keeper, why not the u23 keeper, will this stop us getting anybody else in, are we even allowed to sign him, etc etc)

Maybe Roos is on the way out?

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

I thought that under current restrictions, we are only allowed to sign a certain number of loan signings.

Fielding isn't a better player than Marshall was for us.

1. We currently have no players in on loan
  2. Who says it would be a loan? I read it as a free transfer from Stoke
  3. Marshall is ?. Not only do we make a saving on wages, but we also get a better keeper

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall is ?.

Agree totally, this is one thing I never got with Marshall. The things he did to get Scotland qualified were irrelevant to Derby.

Everyone made out he was some sort of god who was an amazing keeper I thought he was incredibly poor. I can remember one game where I thought, "wow, Marshall is incredible" being Norwich away. 

His shot stopping numbers were amongst the worst in the league and he never left his line. Then refusing to play topped it off.