The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don’t go wasting your time giving them the opportunity to look at facts. Jesus man. They want access to pitchforks, megaphones, and banners! What do we want? Quantuma staff hanging from a lamppost! When do we want it? Now!!!

Errrr, or a 2 minute update every Friday, around 4:30, would be nice.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess it’s a case of who blinks first, how much the bidders want the deal and what’s the maximum they’re prepared to go to.

As far as the creditors are concerned, they either reach an agreement and get some of their money back or allow the club to go into liquidation. If that happened, surely the unsecured creditors would end up with nothing. Is remaining in administration longer and trying to find a new bidder an option?

I can't remember whom it was in here but they compared how long ourselves had been in administration to Wigan and Portsmouth I believe......and we are right at the start of the road compared to the lengths of time it took for the 2 other clubs to leave administration.  

They also made the comment that Quantuma perhaps have communicated unrealistically short timescales for us to get a new owner which has set false expectations for a lot of fans and ended up in the situation we are in now.

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Errrr, or a 2 minute update every Friday, around 4:30, would be nice.

“I hope everyone has had a good week. We have been busy talking to lots of people, but much of what has been discussed is confidential. Positive progress is being made though, and we remain confident that a preferred buyer can soon be announced, as a meaningful key step towards the club coming out of administration. Have a good weekend everyone. Hopefully Wayne can galvanise the team to beat them Northern Monkeys”.

There you go everyone. No need to hang around till tomorrow. Consider yourself fully updated.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

“I hope everyone has had a good week. We have been busy talking to lots of people, but much of what has been discussed is confidential. Positive progress is being made though, and we remain confident that a preferred buyer can soon be announced, as a meaningful key step towards the club coming out of administration. Have a good weekend everyone. Hopefully Wayne can galvanise the team to beat them Northern Monkeys”.

There you go everyone. No need to hang around till tomorrow. Consider yourself fully updated.

You mean not:

"Sheesh, it's been another tough one. If it wasn't for the fact that we're being paid hoodles of cash, I'd regret taking this job on. But I've promised the wife a new deep fat fryer, the mother-in-law is threatening to visit and the kids are demanding two weeks at Butlins.

"Anyhow, onto the update.... Well Mike Ashley continues to play hard ball. We can't get hold of him most of the time and when we do, he shaves another percentage off his offer. Now HMRC will be lucky to get 8% of what they're owed.

"The EFL, as ever, are being really supportive. They're saying they won't bother with the extra 15 point deduction that the rules say should be applied because what are rules if they're not there to be broken. After all, we are founder members of the Football League so they'll do anything to help us out.

"We've been feeding Nixon fake news stories in the hope that the yank from Wycombe, forget his name, drops his ludicrous claim. We've not heard from him for a while so maybe it's worked.

"Must dash. I think I can hear that Scouser, whatsisname, the football fellah, coming down the corridor again. If I go now, I'll beat him to the car park. Late night shopping in Asda for me again.

"Peep-peep, until next week amigos".

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

They are not going to let us sign out of contract players while the administrators are trying to get the finances under control.

I didn’t say that ..if a PB was announced I’d like to think they could put money in …eg the 5m they’re talking about but even if a PB was announced they’d not let us sign anyone it’s wages not fees and if someonebhad been given permission to take us out of admin it wouldn’t have hurt to have signed a few ….that’s why Rooney thought we was going to get Wiltshire Snodgrass and Niasse 

5 hours ago, Yani P said:

I'm not convinced whoever the buyer is is actually that bothered about whether we are in L1 or not..If they were, they would have pulled up trees to get a deal done in January that would have pretty much ensured Championship football next season.

It feels like it's just rich individuals trying to scrape together as cheap a deal as they can get away with.

I think this is sadly the case

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I think this is sadly the case

I do not think we are going to have a PB named now until we know which league we are in.  The club is obviously worth much more with championship status, so Q will want to make sure of which league we are in....

Meanwhile players out of contract in the summer will sign pre-contracts with other clubs

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It has not been said that we have the money to see the season out only that the Administrators forecast that they will have.

From the EFL statement:

"including their forecast which showed the Club has sufficient cash to trade until the end of the season."

The way I read that is the administrators have forecast that the running costs to the end of the season are £x and they’ve provided proof that they have at least £x.  That’s why the EFL have said we have sufficient cash.  It doesn’t say the administrators have forecast they’ll secure the funds.

That seems perfectly normal to me.

11 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It has not been said that we have the money to see the season out only that the Administrators forecast that they will have.

From the EFL statement:

"including their forecast which showed the Club has sufficient cash to trade until the end of the season."

It suits the EFL for us to finish the season.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Surely we have to be at a point where the administrators are able to say the minimum price required is £x and if no bid meets that figure by x date its liquidation. 

We’ve been there for weeks. We just haven’t got any realistic purchaser on the horizon.

If someone takes over they’ll have to burn big cash before they start, Ashley and co aren’t going to do that! It’s liquidation 1st June unless we attract another buyer quickly.

Did someone say we can’t sell season tickets at all for next season?

The more I think about MM trying to act as if administration would be positive and the only way to progress in his Radio Derby sobfest, the more and more angry I get with him. The situation feels increasingly more desperate the longer it goes on. What is there to buy if all players have signed elsewhere and then Rooney has enough and walks? Someone cheer me up about it? Is there anything positive? Sorry bad day!!

48 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

It suits the EFL for us to finish the season.

The greatest nightmare the EFL have is DCFC not being able to continue the season to the extent that i believe they would stump up the cash themselves to enable us to do so .

When the season comes to an end they will not give a flying duck what happens to Derby County as the threat of a court battle from the other 23 teams in the league who at this moment will be threatening them with will be over.

All the coaching staff deserve a collective award at seasons end  and it would be an honour to put some cash in for it because the boss was correct after the woolly back game no one wants Derby County in the league, and if by some amazing ,fantastic , miracle ,we survive in the championship and as a club the vitriol we have suffered will be louder ,longer and more venomous next season.

Edited by glyn1957

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The more I think about MM trying to act as if administration would be positive and the only way to progress in his Radio Derby sobfest, the more and more angry I get with him. The situation feels increasingly more desperate the longer it goes on. What is there to buy if all players have signed elsewhere and then Rooney has enough and walks? Someone cheer me up about it? Is there anything positive? Sorry bad day!!

You're doing a fantastic job with your Ukraine donations, Keep that up, It's a damn site more important than what's happening in Derby ?

The good news...we have 11 games to play that will be played?

Everything else is up in the air?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

The greatest nightmare the EFL have is DCFC not being able to continue the season to the extent that i believe they would stump up the cash themselves to enable us to do so .

When the season comes to an end they will not give a flying duck what happens to Derby County as the threat of a court battle from the other 23 teams in the league who at this moment will be threatening them with will be over.

All the coaching staff deserve a collective award at seasons end  and it would be an honour to put some cash in for it because the boss was correct after the woolly back game no one wants Derby County in the league, and if by some amazing ,fantastic , miracle ,we survive in the championship and as a club the vitriol we have suffered will be louder ,longer and more venomous next season.

I think we’re about 4 weeks short on wages and as you’ve said the EFL will stump that up but they won’t be paying anything after seasons end imo!