The Administration Thread

Boycie

I don’t understand the idea that the bidders are waiting to see which league we’re in with respect to the money they have to pay. Hasn’t all the info about the money needed to buy the club been about the debts and potentially the stadium? So it’s always going to be the same figure regardless of league? Maybe the league we’re in makes us less viable as a purchase?

My understanding is that whoever buys the club is bidding to service the outstanding debts to HMRC, football creditors and then all other creditors; the stadium is a further complication as it either needs to be bought/rented from Morris to service the MSD loan OR Morris has to gift it to the club and sorts that particular debt himself. There’s not been a figure given for the “club” as an overall entity has there?

I’m not trying to stir it up so if anyone is able to clarify it succinctly without me having to trawl back through months of info that would be most welcome.

Also some out of contract players are being denied oppurtunity to earn a few quid until end of season by not being allowed to sign for us 

there is no way the EFl have helped us …Mel got us in this mess but he’s gone …EFL should be helping us but putting out statements that they are “disappointed” that we won our case was showing there true colours and they are not fit for purpose 

Edited by S8TY

I think some people are too readily believing the statements made by the EFL. The funding wasn’t a problem, clearly there is still some stuff to resolve, but there are various people out there saying it’s close, Ed Dawes mentioned an ex-EFL Board member and an championship chief exec told him it’s close and it looks like Mike Ashley, yet the EFL still banging on about significant hurdles to overcome. 

Quantuma can improve comms to fans but this week of negativity has been 100% created by the EFL, continuing their propaganda war further deflecting away from their appalling handling of this situation and deflecting away from the actions of Steve Gibson.

Just now, S8TY said:

Also some out of contract players are being denied oppurtunity to earn a few quid until end of season by not being allowed to sign for us 

there is no way the EFl have helped us …Mel got us in this mess but he’s gone …EFL should be helping us but putting out statements that they are “disappointed” that we won our case was showing there true colours and they are bit fit for purpose 

They are not going to let us sign out of contract players while the administrators are trying to get the finances under control.

5 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Can you imagine the uproar if they did not let us finish the season. Some clubs getting points took off them and others getting them back. But do'nt worry, will get it all heaped on us next season, why liquidate us now when they can do it in may.

2 Things Kath

1, Q will liquidate us if there's no loot left, They'll inform the EFL who will withdraw our Golden ticket.

2, PB comes in with a lower offer as we're now relegated, PB says creditors getting less than the 25% set by the EFL, EFL then give us -15 points. Plus extras as they see fit ?‍♂️

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

2 Things Kath

1, Q will liquidate us if there's no loot left, They'll inform the EFL who will withdraw our Golden ticket.

2, PB comes in with a lower offer as we're now relegated, PB says creditors getting less than the 25% set by the EFL, EFL then give us -15 points. Plus extras as they see fit ?‍♂️

Does 1) follow 2)

or two different scenarios?

The EFL has been desperate to position themselves as the good guys ever since the spotlight started to shine on them in jan and they and boro started to get a lot of bad press. Their comms strategy is seemingly pretty transparent and desperate - to make everyone but themselves look bad. I’m not saying the admins are doing the greatest job in the world but the EFL has released 3 statements this week when no one asked for or needed the first two. 

7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Can you imagine the uproar if they did not let us finish the season. Some clubs getting points took off them and others getting them back. But do'nt worry, will get it all heaped on us next season, why liquidate us now when they can do it in may.

Doubt if there would be an uproar only delight! for Wayne said no one wants us in the championship however if it did happen who would be sueing who, for those who lost to Derby early in the season could claim we had a stronger team then than now, and once again              1 point could be all the difference, not to worry EFL will have changed the rules by then NO club can sue another club, happy days!!!

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t understand the idea that the bidders are waiting to see which league we’re in with respect to the money they have to pay. Hasn’t all the info about the money needed to buy the club been about the debts and potentially the stadium? So it’s always going to be the same figure regardless of league? Maybe the league we’re in makes us less viable as a purchase?

My understanding is that whoever buys the club is bidding to service the outstanding debts to HMRC, football creditors and then all other creditors; the stadium is a further complication as it either needs to be bought/rented from Morris to service the MSD loan OR Morris has to gift it to the club and sorts that particular debt himself. There’s not been a figure given for the “club” as an overall entity has there?

I’m not trying to stir it up so if anyone is able to clarify it succinctly without me having to trawl back through months of info that would be most welcome.

This is just an old timers take on things...me

When we were 5 points behind Reading it looked like the great escape was on, Even TV pundits were applauding our efforts, Now with 4 defeats in 5 it's looking a very bigger ask, 11 games, 8 points behind Reading.

I would have thought the bidders were aware of what i've posted above, I've read posts on here that MA was all but confirmed on Friday as the PB...but summat went pearshaped, Fact or Fiction...I do not know.

If the reason bidders are waiting for relegation to be confirmed then TV money will be severely reduced, Making us a less atractive purchase on the football market, I'm sure this was factered in their thoughts, But it's looking more of a reality now than it was at the end of January.

Nothing factual just thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is just an old timers take on things...me

When we were 5 points behind Reading it looked like the great escape was on, Even TV pundits were applauding our efforts, Now with 4 defeats in 5 it's looking a very bigger ask, 11 games, 8 points behind Reading.

I would have thought the bidders were aware of what i've posted above, I've read posts on here that MA was all but confirmed on Friday as the PB...but summat went pearshaped, Fact or Fiction...I do not know.

If the reason bidders are waiting for relegation to be confirmed then TV money will be severely reduced, Making us a less atractive purchase on the football market, I'm sure this was factered in their thoughts, But it's looking more of a reality now than it was at the end of January.

Nothing factual just thoughts?

Come on lads we can still do this we might as well go for like we did early on in the season.