The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

Does the FA even have the power to impose a points deduction (as the article implies)? Surely only the EFL can deduct points in the EFL. Also it says they are facing pressure from other clubs? Really, the news has only just broken so I would have thought there’s little chance other clubs have contacted the EFL (incidentally. Not the FA) about the suspended points deduction so early whilst it’s still being investigated.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yep, 500,000 shares, would that be to Mel Morris by any chance?

I don't see that it's anything to do with Morris at all.

As far as I can see, it's by no means certain that this company is even related to the takeover - it could be for something else that Clowes are doing.  But if it is related to us (and bear in mind that this is my wild, probably very uniformed, speculation), then it's my understanding that the only reason you'd issue shares in a big number like that is if you wanted an unequal ownership arrangement (in terms of percentage of the company owned).  Normally you see things like 1 or 2 shares in a company like this - for example Morris only had 1 share in Gellaw Newco 202, since he was the sole owner.  And up until yesterday, it looks like David Clowes and Ian Dickinson had 1 share each as equal partners.  So if they're issuing that many shares now, does that mean they want to give somebody else a smaller holding?  It could just be that they're giving Clowes 99.9% of the company and Dickinson the remaining 1 share, to reflect the amount of cash they've each put in or something. Or it could be a 3rd party is taking some stake.  Or maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Does the FA even have the power to impose a points deduction (as the article implies)? Surely only the EFL can deduct points in the EFL. Also it says they are facing pressure from other clubs? Really, the news has only just broken so I would have thought there’s little chance other clubs have contacted the EFL (incidentally. Not the FA) about the suspended points deduction so early whilst it’s still being investigated.

Not even Gibson or Couhig ?

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Not even Gibson or Couhig ?

I wouldn’t think so. Not yet anyway. And not from Gibson given we’re now in a different league (regardless of how vindictive we may think he is. He’s got his pound of flesh - a payout, Derby relegated and Morris gone).

19 minutes ago, HedgeEnder said:

Why of why is Mr PloopyPants and his band of moronic followers on OTIB still obsessed with our club. We are sorting our problems but there is now 155 pages of rants and drivel about Derby County. You woud think they would be more concerned over the dismal prospects of their own little club and their own battle to beat the drop next season.

Sorry a little of topic but very annoying never the less

Are they still sharing the one cell

Sorry Peyton List GIF by Disney Channel

10 minutes ago, archram said:

@duncanjwitham I need to say thanks for inadvertently bringing a smile to my face through all this. I always read your name as duncan with jam and , being a bear of very little brain, it amuses me every time!

Same here! I think it's a result of skim reading (and varifocals just being slightly at the wrong angle!)

PS These remarks are meant affectionately.

Edited by Miggins

Apologies if this has been stated before…

Does anyone know roughly how much Clowes / the specific group that are attempting to buy the club are worth? How much money they have in comparison to say Mel Morris / Mike Ashley?

Its fairytale stuff for a fan and local guy to buy your club (heard that somewhere before) but can he actually afford this?

And by afford I mean pay off debts / buy an entire new squad / a new coaching team / new recruitment department / all the other never ending bills that come with owning a money guzzling football club in 2022?

Its all well and good saying: it doesn’t matter how much he has as long as he runs us properly, but that is a very unrealistic way of looking at this. 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Apologies if this has been stated before…

Does anyone know roughly how much Clowes / the specific group that are attempting to buy the club are worth? How much money they have in comparison to say Mel Morris / Mike Ashley?

Its fairytale stuff for a fan and local guy to buy your club (heard that somewhere before) but can he actually afford this?

And by afford I mean pay off debts / buy an entire new squad / a new coaching team / new recruitment department / all the other never ending bills that come with owning a money guzzling football club in 2022?

Its all well and good saying: it doesn’t matter how much he has as long as he runs us properly, but that is a very unrealistic way of looking at this. 

My view... I don't think he's in it for the long term. I suspect his plan is 3 years max, and he likely has money to do little more than that. I think he's solely in the business of saving the club he loves from disaster (which is why he got involved much later than the other parties) and his limited ambition is to get the club stable and saleable and move on quite quickly.

Edited by therealhantsram

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That depends entirely on what your expectations are. There are many examples of football clubs that are owned by people who are wealthy but not on the level of a Mike Ashley or Mel Morris, those clubs are ran within their means and exist for the fans to attend, which is something Derby has come dangerously close at ceasing to do.

There are a number of clubs who’s owners are worth considerably more than Mel Morris is reported to be and those clubs aren’t punching at Premier League level. Wealth doesn’t always equal a successful business or football club. 
I am happy that it still looks like I’ll have a club to support, a club that once debts are settled and sensible business models put it place should be capable of competing on the pitch using revenue generated from a good sized fan base and an excellent academy.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram